Thread: Greek Aids

Default Greek Aids

Hello,

In my Hebrew studies I really enjoyed two books and have yet to find anything similar for Greek.

"Grammatical Concepts 101 for Biblical Hebrew" by Gary Long.

"From Exegesis to Exposition: A Practical Guide to Using Biblical Hebrew" by Robert Chisholm.

I have found both of these books to be excellent at what they set out to accomplish and am looking for some works similar, but in the context of Greek New Testament studies. Any similar titles and recommendations would be welcomed

Thanks! - Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Luna
    "Grammatical Concepts 101 for Biblical Hebrew" by Gary Long.
    Not exactly the same, but Mounce's Greek for the Rest of Us is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Luna
    "From Exegesis to Exposition: A Practical Guide to Using Biblical Hebrew" by Robert Chisholm.
    Gordon Fee's New Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors is close.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Thanks Joe

I am learning Greek on my own and found the two volumes dealing with Hebrew very insightful and helpful. Chisholm's book was a good "light at the end of the tunnel" book for me and really drove home how usefull working in the original languages can be for preaching and teaching (not just academic study and research).

I have ordered Fee's book (last week! hehe) and also have the entire Basics of Biblical Greek series (including audio lectures... which I could have really used for Hebrew!) I will check out Mounce's other book. So far I have really enjoyed his grammar and his methodology (it works for me) and I like his "style".

Again, thanks for the recommendations!