Thread: Google Desktop Search

Hybrid View

Default Google Desktop Search

Has anyone with the technical ability considered making a plugin to search the BW note files via Google Desktop Search?

Default Yes, please do!

Yes, please, someone! This would be wonderful. I take all kinds of notes in my BibleWorks editor, and I would love to be able to search them.

Mark

Default Google Desktop Search

There's a new version of google desktop search, and I'd like to add my whiney plaintive voice () to the request for someone who has the technical know-how to write an add-in that searches BW notes.
    Ben

Thumbs up Google desktop search of notes

Why not start begging for BW7 to index and search BW notes? I would rather see it stay integrated with BW.

By the way, how are BW notes stored? Maybe I could index them in Nota Bene's "Orbis" indexed datebase and search from inside Nota Bene?

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

I've assumed that BW 7 will include some kind of search capacity for the notes, but if not I'd like it!

Since we don't know when BW 7 is coming, I'd hoped to see something useful in the meantime.

I believe the notes are essentially .rtf files that simply have a .bww extension.
    Ben

I would like to see BW include searching natively, as well as hyperlinking to other notes, verses, and maybe even websites. But being able to link to other notes would make them much more usable for me That way I can keep commentary notes, textual notes, and notes on phrases/words separate yet easily accessible with a single click