Thread: Thought you guys would get a kick out of this...

Default Thought you guys would get a kick out of this...

Last month, I got a call from a guy from our church. He needed some help with BibleWorks. He does a lot of Powerpoint presentations and writes a lot of articles. I had to help him. Even though he's an "older" guy, he's a good friend of mine. He couldn't get anything to copy and paste from BibleWorks into a Microsoft Word document. I went over his house (right down the street from mine) one Sunday afternoon, to see what the trouble was. I had no idea how to pinpoint the source of the problem, much less how to start looking. I asked him to sit down, and show me exactly what was going on. He opened a Word document, opened BibleWorks, selected a verse and hit the "Copy to Clipboard" button. Then he stopped and looked at me. I was like, "O... k... well? Why are you stopping? O.o" He said, "Didn't you see the problem?" I started laughing. I couldn't help it. He sat there looking at me like, "What the heck?!?" I said, "How about Edit > Paste." He stopped to think a minute, then his face lite up. ROTF! It worked. :-P

and we always tell the older folk that computers will make their lives more simple... lol

alan