Thread: BibleWorks Does it Again

Default BibleWorks Does it Again

Check out the latest issue of JETS.

There is an update to a previous review on LOGOS and BW. BW came out on top again for exegetical studies!
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wrďa' ~yI©AGB;÷ ~Wrďa' ~yhi_l{a/ ykiänOa'-yKi W[d>Wâ WPĺr>h;

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Check out the latest issue of JETS.

There is an update to a previous review on LOGOS and BW. BW came out on top again for exegetical studies!
    Hi Joe,

Is there a link somewhere for non-subscribers? I for one would like to read the article. Unless, of course you refer to this article by Van Parunak, but I think this one appeared in 2004.

Thanks,

Rubén Gómez
    Last edited by Ruben Gomez; 07-27-2005 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Gomez
    Hi Joe,

Is there a link somewhere for non-subscribers? I for one would like to read the article. Unless, of course you refer to this article by Van Parunak, but I think this one appeared in 2004.

Thanks,

Rubén Gómez
    I don't know that it'd be available online. It's the newest JETS issue. I am sure that BW would try to get permission to post it on their website and you could link it from there. This is an updated review, so it's not the 04 one that you have a link to.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Michael,

I think it is JETS 2007 50/2 (June) where that review is found. Could someone with access to a good library - or who owns a copy - please elaborate on it? I have searched everywhere but could not find it.

Please PM me if you have a copy.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener View Post
    BW came out on top again for exegetical studies!
    Oh yeah? Well how 'bout that 400x100 freestyle swimming relay? The Americans swam faster than BW can perform a simple query! Most exciting swimming race in the history of the world, unless you count Noah and crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Oh yeah? Well how 'bout that 400x100 freestyle swimming relay? The Americans swam faster than BW can perform a simple query! Most exciting swimming race in the history of the world, unless you count Noah and crew.
    The point being...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Gomez View Post
    The point being...?
    Just a little American levity... No point to speak of, except that I suspect the speed of a BW Query is a superlative in the field of computer queries, so the swimming turns out to be an apt metonymy to illustrate it. I think.