Thread: Apocrypha/Deuterocanical LXX Concordance

Default Apocrypha/Deuterocanical LXX Concordance

I'm using BibleWorks 5 via which I have printed a list of occurrences of cognates of dikaios in the LXX of the Protestant canon.

My problem is that I've not been able to find in BW5 any way of printing out such a list for the Apocrypha/Deuterocanonical books in the LXX.

Am I overlooking something in BW5?

Although I've had BW5 since it was first released, I've never learned to use it. Producing a list of the LXX occurrences of the cognates of dikaios is the first thing I have tried to do with BW5. I'm a 72 year-old retiree who has not made the transition from books to computer software as a means of biblical study. But I find I need a computer program to produce the list I need now, because it's just too difficult to combine by hand/eye collating a list of the occurrences of the 8 cognates of dikaios.

Most of us on the list are using 6.0, so I'm not sure this will work on 5.0, but you can choose BGT or LXT as your search version and then set "search limits" to a preset option "Apoc" for apocrypha. Then enter .*dikai* on the command line, and you should get a list of verses. I think then that you can import the results to the "verse list manager" under the "tools" heading.

I hope this points you in the right direction.
    Mark Eddy