Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)

Default PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)

PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
    Date: 04/06/04 at 22:43:03
    Title: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)
    Description:
    This update fixes several more problems with the auto-info hypertext functionality added recently. It also fixes a problem with the code that rebuilds the gloss database when you edit the HOTVOC and GNTVOC flashcard files. You will need to exit BibleWorks and manually delete the GNTVOC.DBX and HOTVOC.DBX files in the BibleWorks DATABASES directory. Then start BW and it will rebuild the gloss databases.

This release also has major new functionality for the diagrammer. Multi-page support in the diagrammer is now greatly enhanced. A new option, File | Page setup, lets you specify how to lay out the diagram over multiple pages. In addition, the diagrammer will now show guidelines where a page ends.

Instructions:
    To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the file you must enter the word "preview" in the Updater Access Code Dialog, accessed from the Options Menu.
    If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
    books_sbl.bna | [init]
    bw600.exe | [program]
    bw600.map | [program]
    bwgrkl.ttf | [program]
    default.dwd | [init]
    shellexec.txt | [init]
    Last edited by MBushell; 04-06-2004 at 09:48 PM.

Default Preview 8z

Mike,

I am still getting the error "There is no such reference in the current search version:..." when clicking a reference in NET notes in the AIW.

My search version is BNM

I am displaying ESV, NET, BNT, PES

I am in Eph 4:2

I mouse over the NET.

I hold "shift" and mouse down to the AIW.

I release shift and click Matt 11:29

I receive the error.

If I click OK and move the new results window the the side (which is empty), I see that it changed my search version to CDL (This is a user compiled version of the "Ecumenical Creeds in Latin"), which does not contain Matt 11:29.

When I close the new results window, the search version goes back to BNM.

Let me know if you want me .ini
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default 8z update

Hi Mike,

In the AI window the links to the Apocrypha do not work. They bring up an empty window. I checked on my laptop which has a previous version and the links do work to the Apocrypha. If you are working around that at the present that is fine but I thought you might ought to know if not.

Also is there a way to turn on an AI window within the window that the links open up. Previously it did and now it does not.

Thanks.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default 8z update - crash

Hi Mike,

I am still experiencing crashes as I click on the links in the AI window. It takes a few clicks but it will crash.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark Langley; 04-07-2004 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Mark Langley

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default 8z

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Mike,

I am still getting the error "There is no such reference in the current search version:..." when clicking a reference in NET notes in the AIW.

My search version is BNM

I am displaying ESV, NET, BNT, PES

I am in Eph 4:2

I mouse over the NET.

I hold "shift" and mouse down to the AIW.

I release shift and click Matt 11:29

I receive the error.

If I click OK and move the new results window the the side (which is empty), I see that it changed my search version to CDL (This is a user compiled version of the "Ecumenical Creeds in Latin"), which does not contain Matt 11:29.

When I close the new results window, the search version goes back to BNM.
    I followed this without error, though the search version changed to the NET and then back to BNM.
    Ben

Default 8z

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Langley
    Hi Mike,

I am still experiencing crashes as I click on the links in the AI window. It takes a few clicks but it will crash.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
    About 40 consecutive clicks now in HALOT, BDAG, and NET without crashing.
    Ben

Default Crash

Hi Ben,

Thanks. I made it to 25 clicks a moment ago in BDAG and then crashed. This has been constant with the last few updates. I haven't had any problems with crashes until recently.
    Mark Langley

Default Try Running Drwatson

Try running Dr. Watson and then running till you crash BW. the resulting report might reveal the reason.

Start>Run> Type "DrWatson" and hit enter.

Default crashes

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack
    Try running Dr. Watson and then running till you crash BW. the resulting report might reveal the reason.

Start>Run> Type "DrWatson" and hit enter.
    Thanks, I will give that a try.
    Mark Langley

Tried Dr Watson and it reported no faults detected.
    Mark Langley