I almost always use a secondary Results Window. When I click on a hyper-linked reference in BDAG in the auto-info window of the secondary results window, a new results window opens, but the search version in this new window is different from the search version in my results window. It isn’t even Greek.
So, for example, with BGT as my search version in the results window, when I click on the reference Ac 2:20 in the BDAG entry evpifanh,j, a new results window displays, but it is blank. Today it has the heading NET Act 2:20, and on the command line NET is listed as a new search version. NET isn’t even one of my display versions. In the past I have seen this new results window list VUL as the search version (which was one of my display versions). If I click on the “NET” button next to the command line, I can choose my search and/or display versions, and then they all of them display in the new results window. I can live with this, if it’s the way it’s supposed to work (which I doubt). I would think that when searching BDAG either 1) one of the Greek versions would be the search version and/or display version for the new results window, or 2) the search and display versions would be the same as the results window to which the auto-info window is attached.
This switching of search versions is a bigger problem when I click on a verse where the numbering is different between the versions. For example, in the above-named entry, I click on the reference Jo 3:4. A blank results window pops up, the search version switches to WTT, and I the following message displays: “There is no such reference in the current search version: 2:31”. (Joel 2:31 in the English versions is the same as Joel 3:4 in Hebrew and Greek.) Now when I click on “WTT” at the beginning of the command line and chose my favorite set of display versions, the new results window displays Gen 1:1 with WTT as the search version (though the search version should have reverted to BGT). I even added “Jo” as a book name alias, but that didn’t fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem or ideas for a solution to mine problem?
Saved by the Giver of the Holy Spirit,
Originally Posted by Mark Eddy
I've tried every way I know how, and I can not duplicate your problem. I even tried it with two and even three results windows, and every time I click on a reference in BDAG in any of my results windows a pop-up window with the proper verse(s) is displayed, along with all of my display versions in their proper order.
I guess you're just gonna have to buy a new computer. That's what I'd do.
I think I discovered at least part of what is causing my problem. I'm currently working on editing a non-biblical text in my main BW results window. It seems that when I click on a BDAG reference in my secondary results window auto-info window BW tries to open up the new results window using the versions in my primary results window. Since none of these is in the Bible, the new results window is blank. When I place a Bible version in my primary results window, the BDAG references work fine, except that the heading still claims that it is searching in the NET version, which isn't one of my display versions, and certainly is not my chosen search version. I did have an error message pop up when I tried to load the latest NET update, so maybe that's involved in this problem too.
Thanks for looking into this, adelphos.