Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bibleworks Plus

1. Default SWRB Reformation CD

I've heard of the Reformation CD, available from Still Waters Revival Books (SWRB), a Canadian group. It sounds as though it's full of good stuff.
    There is a review of it available at http://www.opc.org/OS/pdf/OSV13N1.pdf , p. 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered
    I've heard of the Reformation CD, available from Still Waters Revival Books (SWRB), a Canadian group. It sounds as though it's full of good stuff.
    There is a review of it available at http://www.opc.org/OS/pdf/OSV13N1.pdf , p. 24.
    Hi Bennett,

I have the 62 cds that make up both the Reformation Bookshelf (30 cds) and the Puritan Bookshelf (32 cds.) If one has a taste for old reformed literature the set is a goldmine. The cds contain scanned images (into PDF) of books representing a wide variety of reformed commentaries and theology (along with SWRB's own publications). The cds do lack a good index (as the article above mentions) to help with quick searches, but if one is familiar with the titles it is easy to get around. The set contains many hard-to-find titles. The cds can be purchased as a whole set or individually.

BTW, I have no connection with the group (SWRB) in Canada nor I am giving a statement on what they might believe or practice.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Thumbs up E Sword

Thanks, friends for telling us about E Sword. It has several bible versions that I wanted electronically [e.g. Good News Bible] and some I don't even own a print copy of [The Message, ISV, God's Word, etc].
    My initial interest was aroused when someoen mentioend it has Keil and Delitsch.

I haven't got it looking how I want yet, but it is a most interesting piece of software.

David McKay

Has anybody used GramCord for either PC or Mac? How does it compare to BW6?

Quote Originally Posted by Gontroppo
    Thanks, friends for telling us about E Sword. It has several bible versions that I wanted electronically [e.g. Good News Bible] and some I don't even own a print copy of [The Message, ISV, God's Word, etc].
    My initial interest was aroused when someoen mentioend it has Keil and Delitsch.

I haven't got it looking how I want yet, but it is a most interesting piece of software.

David McKay
    Hi David,

If you are interested in Keil and Delitsch Ages Software has in it their Master Christian Library along with a lot of other commentaries and works. Of course it is not free and there are some typos throughout the cd.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default Apples and Oranges

Quote Originally Posted by frankenfro
    Has anybody used GramCord for either PC or Mac? How does it compare to BW6?
    GramCord really does not exist on the MAC. On Mac it is often confused with Accordance (http://www.oaksoft.com/) due to a previous (and maybe still existing) close relationship between the two groups.

Accordance is a fantastic tool and is a real good counterpart to BW 6.0. It has a few tools that BW does not offer yet, but I sure will in time. Of course, it is only available for the Mac.

GramCord for Windows is no comparison at all. This is an Apples to Oranges comparison. They were one of the originals and did some fantastic work to get exegetical software to where it is today. However, it is not even considered a reliable Exegetical Software program anymore. The GramCord Institute will continue operations on their text research and the development of the GNT/GNM databases (which are usd by Accordance, Logos and others), but they will not longer be developing exegetical software.

The existing Gramcord software that is still available for purchase would compare somewhat (however, even here it falls short) with BW 4.0 or earlier versions. 5.0 surpasses GramCord, 6.0 goes to a completely new level.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Accordance is a fantastic tool and is a real good counterpart to BW 6.0. It has a few tools that BW does not offer yet, but I sure will in time. Of course, it is only available for the Mac.
    Joe, what are some of the tools that Accordance has that BW doesn't yet have?

Vernon Bauer

Default See their site

Vernon,

I think the best thing would be for you to see their site.

http://www.oaksoft.com/welcome/newto.htm list several of the modules available for the Scholar's Collection.

This would probably be better than me listing all the modules Accordance has and BW does not. Some of them I am not interested in and fall outside the scope of BW.

Something else to keep in mind, Accordance comes in several modules that are purchased individually and unlocked. It really adds up quick.
    Joe Fleener

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener

The GramCord Institute will continue operations on their text research and the development of the GNT/GNM databases (which are usd by Accordance, Logos and others), but they will not longer be developing exegetical software.
    Joe, I must be totally out the loop. I did not know this and I can't find any mention of it on the Gramcord website. Where did you hear/read it?

By the way, it should be noted that the GNM you mention here, should more accurately be refered to as the "GramCord Greek NT morphology." In BW the version we call the GNM is the Friberg Greek NT morphology. I know you know this, but I didn't want others to be confused.

Charlie

Default Clarification

Charlie,

Thanks for the clarification on the GNM, with only three initials things can get a bit confusing.

Paul Miller from GramCord has mentioned their eventual exit from software development to two people on the faculty of the seminary where I work.
    Joe Fleener