Thread: Sermon's Preparation

Default Sermon's Preparation

Hi, I own Bibleworks 5 and Iwant to know how can I use it to prepare my sermons. I am a pastor and I have used Libronix Scholar's Library. In Libronix I click one Bible Reference and I can see that reference in my prefered Bible, but I can not do that in Bibleworks. I appreciate some information to help me in this. Thank you in advance and God Bless you.

I am not sure what you want to do. In BibleWorks you start with the biblical text, so you don't need to click on any reference to the Bible, since you are already there. If you are looking at one of the lexicons, all you have to do is type one of the references from the lexicon onto the command line and then find the word in question and click on it to choose "search for lemma" (or in 5.0 it may say "search for root") and then you will see a list of all the passages in which that word can be found. Just click on any of the passages in the list, and BibleWorks will take it right to the verse you want. In BibleWorks you can set up lists of favorite versions that you want to display together by going to "Options" then "Version" and following the directions. Then whenever you click on a reference in your verse list you will see the verse you want in the version(s) you want.

If what you want to do is click on a verse in a lexicon and go immediately to that verse in a new results window in BibleWorks, you will have to upgrade to 6.0 and purchase the BDAG module in the NT and HALOT in the OT. Those lexicons have hyperlinks in BW 6.0. There are also other databases (some as add-ons) in 6.0, such as Hebrew and Greek grammars and Matthew Henry's commentary, that contain hyperlinks.

If you have something specific in mind, write back, and someone should be able to tell you if you can do it in BibleWorks.

In Christ,
    Mark Eddy

Default Sermon's

Hi Mark, Thank you for your suggestions, this is very helpful. God Bless you.