Thread: Help locating NWT for Bibleworks

Default Help locating NWT for Bibleworks

Is there a copy of the New World Translation available for compiling to Bibleworks? Somewhere I located a nwt.ddf file, but I think I am missing the test file that goes with it.

Also I downloaded the Quran and compiled it. Once it's compiled how do you access it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lightbulb NWT for BibleWorks

I tried to install the NWT and failed and found I needed a java program ot retrieve the text. But on trying to install java, I failed there, too.

But when I installed Firefox browser, I successfully downloaded and installed a java program that was needed for Firefox, and finally the NWT set up [and also Holman Bible] worked for me.

David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info

Quote Originally Posted by diggertoo
    Is there a copy of the New World Translation available for compiling to Bibleworks? Somewhere I located a nwt.ddf file, but I think I am missing the test file that goes with it.

Also I downloaded the Quran and compiled it. Once it's compiled how do you access it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi,

Once the database is compiled you can (there are other routes) go to the menu and choose Search|Choose Search Version... This will bring up a window in which you find your database. If the database compiled correctly it should be found in the list. You will need to remember what language you chose when compiling - probably English. It would then be found under the English choices.

For the NWT you will need to have the txt file before you can use the VDC you create the database for BW. Where did you find the ddf file?

Hope this helps.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default Missing NWT text file

Wherre can I find a copy of the NWT text file to download? I have the ddf file on my hard drive but missed the text file that evidently is supposed to go with it.

Lightbulb Help for you

G'day Diggertoo. Are yo uan Aussie, or is your handle more esoteric?

See http://www.tech.com.au/nwt/
    and the thread NWT now available for Bible Works.
    David McKay
    www.davidmckay.info

Default Compiling problem solved

Not and Aussie, but have the highest regard for them.

As for my challenge of compiling new versions, I finally figured out that (1) I had to make my own copy of the .ddf file as a .txt file and have both files in the same directory, and (2) I didn't have the "Install after compiling" box checked in the compiler. Once I did that everything worked just fine. Thanks to all for the help.