Thread: Help with diagramming

Question Help with diagramming

Is there someone who is pretty good at diagramming that I could share a verse or two of my work with so that I could get some on the fly tips? Is there a way to post this for others who may wish to learn how to perfect their diagramming abilities? I don't know how to share diagramming files..unless it's simply emailed as an attachment.

I have done Ephesians 1.1 so far (going through all 6 chapters in Ephesians) and feel ok with what I've done in verse 1. But I'm sure there are better ways to diagram it and I'm sure I've misunderstood a few symbols...it's been 16 years since I took advanced Greek grammar. I've never seriously diagrammed before, although I've wanted to for years. So I guess I need a little coaching from a willing vessel.

It would also be really neat to be able to share diagramming files with others to see how they handle phrases. That way pastors like myself could access the core work of some of you scholars out there to cross check our own work.

Thanks for any help guys.

Default Diagramming

dbielby,

That's great news! I find it extremely helpful and often find things that I normally would have missed. Although I've done some of diagramming in English I haven't done much in Greek (I'm still a 1st year Greek student). However, one resource that you may find helpful is A Handbook of Grammatical Diagramming by Dr. John McLean. It is available from Gramcord here.

Peace,
    jarcher

Unhappy Thanks, but

I am over my book budget already and cannot afford another book for several weeks or even months. I would check with interlibrary loan, but I'm at my limit on those right now as well until the end of April.

Still think it would be great to share or pass back and forth the diagramming for verses we are working on.