Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Bibleworks Manual Errors and some How to's?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    209

    Red face Bibleworks Manual Errors and some How to's?

    1) Is the ASE Quere example (#5, p. 143) on Word Filters for Conditional Agreement (Bibleworks ASE directory sample: wrdfiltr.qf) correct?

    *@n* does not appear to search for participles!

    So what query would find article + participle with no words intervening?

    2) How do I export an ASE query into my Command Line so I can learn morphological codes in the command line better, and vice versa?

    3) How do I tell statistics in the Word List Manager?
    For example, I want to know what prepositions are used with pisteu,w.
    Can BW tell me statistically how many times the verb occurs with eis, en, epi etc.?


    Wasn't able to construct these with the Manual.
    Thanks for any help.


    Ingo
    Last edited by ingosorke; 02-13-2005 at 11:49 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ingosorke
    1) Is the ASE Quere example (#5, p. 143) on Word Filters for Conditional Agreement (Bibleworks ASE directory sample: wrdfiltr.qf) correct?

    *@n* does not appear to search for participles!

    So what query would find article + participle with no words intervening?
    You are correct. This query will not search for participles.

    To change the query to search for participles you would need to modify the word box currently containing the *@n* to *@vp*


    Quote Originally Posted by ingosorke
    2) How do I export an ASE query into my Command Line so I can learn morphological codes in the command line better, and vice versa?
    The ASE and the command line execute their searches differently. You are not able to export an ASE query back to the command line. There are a lot of more advanced features within the ASE that cannot be done on the command line.

    However you are able to import a command line search into the ASE.

    You can do this two ways:

    1. If you have the ASE open and you construct a command line search go to Utils - Import Command Line (from within the ASE).

    2. If you construct a command line search and then open the ASE it will take your command line query and construct an ASE query for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ingosorke
    3) How do I tell statistics in the Word List Manager?
    For example, I want to know what prepositions are used with pisteu,w.
    Can BW tell me statistically how many times the verb occurs with eis, en, epi etc.?
    The Word List Manager is not really the place to get statistics.

    The following command line search will find all the prepositions used with pisteuw: .*@p* pisteuw@v*

    Hope this helps.
    Joe Fleener

    jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

    Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

    User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks



    Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    209

    Default Thanks

    Thanks, Joe. Makes sense, and very helpful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •