Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Auto updater

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    20

    Default Auto updater

    For some reason my updater is not updating automatically. I have it selected in the options window but I have to always do a manual update.
    en Xristo

    Bob Z

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rzagorac View Post
    For some reason my updater is not updating automatically. I have it selected in the options window but I have to always do a manual update.
    What do you mean by automating? BibleWorks never automatically downloads anything. The difference between automatic and manual is that manual means you are required to check whether there are updates available or not. Automatic means it will automatically check and tell you if new updates are available. In either scenario, users are always required to check off whether they want to download updates or not.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    20

    Default Auto update

    Sorry I was too brief. I mean that you will get a window saying that new updates are available for download. You can check the option in the Options window of the updater. Using BW9 and all previous versions with this option worked fine.
    en Xristo

    Bob Z

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rzagorac View Post
    Sorry I was too brief. I mean that you will get a window saying that new updates are available for download. You can check the option in the Options window of the updater. Using BW9 and all previous versions with this option worked fine.
    Hmm, I have no problems with that. Double check your options. Under Tools | Options , then under General | Flags | Internet updater options.

    You should have checked Automatically check for updates. If you have check for updates only once every 48hrs, it will do updates automatically, but I think the 48 hour rule overrules, so it will only check once every 48 hrs automatically. If you want it to check each and every time, try toggling off the 48 hour box.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    20

    Default Updates

    Mine is checked there also. It never fails that if I manually do an update after loading BW9, even if the option is on and doesn't show updates avaiable, that I will get them if available.
    en Xristo

    Bob Z

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rzagorac View Post
    Mine is checked there also. It never fails that if I manually do an update after loading BW9, even if the option is on and doesn't show updates avaiable, that I will get them if available.
    Then I either don't have the same problem or still don't quite understand it. If you think there's something wrong, you may be better off trying to contact tech support at service@bibleworks.com
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •