Thread: update to AntiNicene Fathers database (ANF)

Exclamation update to AntiNicene Fathers database (ANF)

Follow the same link, download the same files, and over write the ones you have. the changed files will be the readme file, the addition of books2_bna and the ANF.txt file. The link is http://www.cune.org/michael.hanel/ANF.zip

The updates are thanks to Mark Eddy, here are his words:

I am returning the text file to you with some changes. Some of the book names were duplicates.
    So I changed three abbreviations to the following:

TOB (already Tobit) to TBa (Tertullian on Baptism)
    JDG (already Judges) to JDi (Justin’s Discourse to Greeks) and
    APC (already Apostles’ Creed – in a database I supplied to the list last summer) to PCA (Pleas for the Christians by Athanagorus)
    I also divided TPO into “verses” by starting a new verse at each of the 19 sections. I deleted some blank lines and a few extra spaces in this file (usually at the beginning of verses). I also took the liberty of shortening some of the book names for the attached books_2.bna file, so that the names can be read in the BW “book names” pop-up window. So I am attaching my anf.txt file and my books_2.bna file for you to take a look.

====

Everything looks good to me, so I'm passing the deal on to you! Again, the project of editing the humongous text file largely stopped because we were hoping someone with computer wiz skills could convert the ANF texts on the Christian Classics website (www.ccel.org) into HTML Help files so that they could run through BibleWorks like Wallace, Futato, etc. modules. That would make it easier to work with footnotes and different fonts. So if you're able to do that, you'd be the hero of the day

Oh and if there's anything else out there that you want to do to make BibleWorks a better program for other users, knock yourself out. The program will only get better the more users are involved in its evolution!!

mike hanel

Default Josephus?

Have the works of Josephus been made available?

Talking Yep! It's in there!

Have the works of Josephus been made available?
    With the release of version 6, Josephus has been available as a part of the base package of BibleWorks!
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default BW 5 not 6

JD,

Thx I have BW 5 and don't suppose Josephus is avail to us non-6 users, is it?