Thread: Where is a text?

Question Where is a text?

There is a text in the Old Testament that says that God will lead his people down paths they did not know, or something like that. Could someone please tell me where that text is? Thank you

Howard Flynn

Default OT Text or a prayer?

Are you perhaps thinking of this prayer from the Lutheran Book of Worship, page 153 of Evening Vespers

"Lord, God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default How about this?

ESV Isaiah 42:16 And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Thank you very much. This text means a lot to me, especially in the light of recent events.

Howard Flynn

Default Praise the Lord

Not sure what Howard's situation is, but the Lord has used his question and Dan's answer from His Word to encourage my heart right now too.

Praise the Lord, for He is faithful.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;