View Poll Results: What Operating System runs on the computer(s) you use for BibleWorks?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows 95

1 1.05%
  • Windows 98

10 10.53%
  • Windows ME

2 2.11%
  • Windows NT

0 0%
  • Windows 2000

12 12.63%
  • Windows XP (Home)

43 45.26%
  • Windows XP (Pro)

39 41.05%
  • Mac (VirtualPC, etc.)

1 1.05%
  • Linux (Wine, etc.)

11 11.58%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Operating System do you use?

Default What Operating System do you use?

What Operating System do you use?
    Last edited by Charlie; 04-02-2004 at 04:02 PM.

It actuallly depends on where I'm sitting at the time.
    I voted under only one but I use Winxphome (downstairs), Win9se (upstairs), and occasionally Linux.

Question Poll: where and when did you first hear about BibleWorks?

Charlie: I would be interested in a poll of
    1. Where did you first hear about BibleWorks?
    2. When did you first hear about BibleWorks?

I'll give my answers if you set up such a poll.

Thanks
    If we are able to do this ourselves, btw, please tell us how.

David McKay

Default Starting a Poll

To start a thread with a poll, in the General BibleWorks discussion forum, for example, you click "New Thread." You give the thread a title and put the content of your first post in. At the bottom of the new thread page under "Additional Options" is an option entitled "Post a Poll" where, to do so, you would check "Yes," and enter the number of Poll options you want. Then, when you submit the thread, a page comes up when you can enter the poll question and options.

I assume the adminstrators have enbled poll posting for regular users, but I can't be sure until it's submitted. Go ahead and try your hand at it!

Blessings,

Clay

I use the latest porducts I can obtain, I use Windows XP, Office HE 2003 or XP and of course BibleWorks 6.0........ I could go on for a very long time from here,

Shalom,

Jim Tifft

Default Multiple OS

Like tcblack, I use different OSes. I voted my main compu (Win XP Home), but also use it sporatically on a 98 SE box.

Gary

Default Win XP >>> Unicode?

Now I realize that the sort of person (such as myself) who would respond to this poll is probably a little more interested in operating systems than they need to be, and as such is probably using newer equipment than many...
    ... but, it is interesting that 70%+ are using a version of WinXP... and that means that BibleWorks really does need to be working on moving over to Unicode.
    (I've been asking about this for more than a year, and BW has been hesitant because to switch because Unicode works only with some effort on Win ME and not very well on Win98 or earlier.)
    Everything new I now compose, I do in Unicode. I use a Word macro to convert from BW to Unicode, but to get Hebrew, Syriac, Greek, and everything in Unicode is definitely the way to go. Using Tauvesoft's Keyman with a Unicode font (such as the free Cardo) is a wonderful way to work.

Default Tell us your OS

MGVH makes a good point, but this poll does not accurately reflect all BibleWorks users. I don't have any official numbers but I don't think even 50% of our current users are on XP yet. This is an interesting poll though, so please do vote if you haven't already.

Charlie

Default Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    What Operating System do you use?
    WinXP home-edition
    Roel Schipper