Thread: French translations

Lightbulb French translations

Hi,

If I may suggest : it would be very good if you add more French translations... You have many French customers and the French language had produced a lot of good translations (not as much as the English language but far more than all the other languages and some very important versions are missing). I don't know if it's a matter of price but even "https://www.biblegateway.com" have the "Semeur" and "Segond21" ones for example, they seems to be free of access... It'd be really useful if you made an update with these versions and also the "Osty" [certainly not free of access] and "Chouraqui" [free of access I think] ones ! I don't know if it's a lot of work to add them by an update but it'd be much appreciated by your large French community of users !

Thank you for having taken the time to read me,

Timobe

P.S. the present versions (TOB, FBJ, NEG,...) are good choices, I don't want, of course, to depreciate your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Timobe View Post
    Hi,

If I may suggest : it would be very good if you add more French translations... You have many French customers and the French language had produced a lot of good translations (not as much as the English language but far more than all the other languages and some very important versions are missing). I don't know if it's a matter of price but even "https://www.biblegateway.com" have the "Semeur" and "Segond21" ones for example, they seems to be free of access... It'd be really useful if you made an update with these versions and also the "Osty" [certainly not free of access] and "Chouraqui" [free of access I think] ones ! I don't know if it's a lot of work to add them by an update but it'd be much appreciated by your large French community of users !

Thank you for having taken the time to read me,

Timobe

P.S. the present versions (TOB, FBJ, NEG,...) are good choices, I don't want, of course, to depreciate your work.
    Hello Timobe,

These are good suggestions. I would personally add the "NBS" and "Colombe" (which, even though it is based on the Segond, is much more accurate). These suggestions should be made directly to BibleWorks, rather than this forum, which is mostly for users.

C'est bien de savoir que d'autres utilisateurs francophones de BW connaissent ce site !

Regards,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Hello Timobe,

These are good suggestions. I would personally add the "NBS" and "Colombe" (which, even though it is based on the Segond, is much more accurate). These suggestions should be made directly to BibleWorks, rather than this forum, which is mostly for users.

C'est bien de savoir que d'autres utilisateurs francophones de BW connaissent ce site !

Regards,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    Thanks, I didn't know that this forum was mostly for users. I found the mail of Bibleworks for suggestions and I sent them an email with the message above (I add the "NBS" and "Colombe" also).

Content de vous lire également !

Timobe.