Thread: Errors in the Greek text of the creeds.

Default Errors in the Greek text of the creeds.

I have just noticed some errors in the greek text of the Nico-Const. creed - Version GRG (Ecumenical Creeds Greek) book NCC.

Line 4 should this be ἁγιου (with rough breathing), it is smooth in the database.

Also Line 6 should be γραφας (with ρ) instead of γπασας in the database.

Who handles the correction for these databases?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexkowalenko View Post
    I have just noticed some errors in the greek text of the Nico-Const. creed - Version GRG (Ecumenical Creeds Greek) book NCC.

Line 4 should this be ἁγιου (with rough breathing), it is smooth in the database.

Also Line 6 should be γραφας (with ρ) instead of γπασας in the database.

Who handles the correction for these databases?

Alex
    Where is the file? I don't recall this particular one. In any event, whoever created the database is ultimately responsible for fixing it. In reality, it's probably quickest for you to fix it yourself. You can export the database in BibleWorks, fix the error in the text and then recompile it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I was on vacation when this thread was started. I provided the database to the BibleWorks blog. Thanks to Alex for reading so carefully. I have now made the suggested corrections (and found a few more problems with breathing marks). God willing, in a few days I'll get the corrected file to Michael to replace the one on the blog.
    Mark Eddy

As I promised earlier in this thread, I submitted updated files for the Unofficial BibleWorks blog to replace those which I submitted back in 2008 & 2011 (I think that they were wrongly labeled as "Apostles’ Creed” at that time).
    In addition to correcting typos, I have added a Greek morphology version for the Creeds in Greek. I also corrected a couple English omissions and typos.
    The only instructions to use these files is to unzip the entire contents of the zip folder into the BibleWorks databases folder.
    God bless your use of these files.
    Mark Eddy