Thread: Search for all form of "fusis" (nature)

Hybrid View

Default Search for all form of "fusis" (nature)

Hi: I'm trying to find all the forms of "fusis" (nature). I'm using BGT. Thus, fusews, fusin, etc.....I use the standard .fusis search string to do this but all I get is results for "fusis" whereas I know there are genitive and dative forms in the text. What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate any help.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKS View Post
    Hi: I'm trying to find all the forms of "fusis" (nature). I'm using BGT. Thus, fusews, fusin, etc.....I use the standard .fusis search string to do this but all I get is results for "fusis" whereas I know there are genitive and dative forms in the text. What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate any help.

John
    Do the search in BGM. BGT searches will only give you the exact word, while BGM will search the lemma.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

An easy way to conduct the kind of search you want (and as described by Michael Hanel) is this.
    When you find an instance of the word you want to search in a verse (in your case, φυσις), right click on it, and then choose "Search on Lemma."
    That will give the results you want, but make sure you have your search limits set to what you want.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools