Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Using shortcuts on the Mac version of BibleWorks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Using shortcuts on the Mac version of BibleWorks

    Hi, I've been using BibleWorks forever (since it was delivered on a million 3.5" disks), but am now new to using it on the native Mac version. I'm having trouble using shortcuts. I'm trying to get the browse windows to scroll from verse to verse with the up and down arrows (rather than scrolling up and down from within the same browse window). But when I try to do shift-Ctl or shift-command up or down I get different (Mac) results and no change to my BibleWorks experience. Can anyone help? Is there another way to do that, or a different set of Mac shortcuts that I have missed?

    Running BW on new Mac pro with the latest versions of OS and of BibleWorks.

    Thanks,

    Roy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rciampa View Post
    Hi, I've been using BibleWorks forever (since it was delivered on a million 3.5" disks), but am now new to using it on the native Mac version. I'm having trouble using shortcuts. I'm trying to get the browse windows to scroll from verse to verse with the up and down arrows (rather than scrolling up and down from within the same browse window). But when I try to do shift-Ctl or shift-command up or down I get different (Mac) results and no change to my BibleWorks experience. Can anyone help? Is there another way to do that, or a different set of Mac shortcuts that I have missed?

    Running BW on new Mac pro with the latest versions of OS and of BibleWorks.

    Thanks,

    Roy
    I wonder if this was broken in a recent update, because I used to be able to change modes on a Mac. In fact, my BibleWorks now does what Dr. Ciampa describes wanting to do (because at some point I changed it from its default of "Scroll Mode Off"), but I cannot change it back using the same shortcut keys that changed it previously.
    Abram K-J
    Pastor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Writer, Blogger
    Blog: Words on the Word

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Shortcuts

    Is there a way to use shortcuts on Mac Bibleworks10? I can't scroll from verse to verse on Browse window

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbasinger View Post
    Is there a way to use shortcuts on Mac Bibleworks10? I can't scroll from verse to verse on Browse window
    Now that I've got BW10 installed on a Mac, I'm having the same issues, and can't scroll verse to verse. I even went to Help/Hints/Enable Shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts, and then tried toggling, but that didn't work.
    Abram K-J
    Pastor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Writer, Blogger
    Blog: Words on the Word

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    113

    Default This works!

    Quote Originally Posted by AbramKJ View Post
    Now that I've got BW10 installed on a Mac, I'm having the same issues, and can't scroll verse to verse. I even went to Help/Hints/Enable Shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts, and then tried toggling, but that didn't work.
    I emailed someone from BibleWorks about this, and got a reply that Control + Option with the one hand and then the up and down arrow keys with the other works for scrolling manually. Then I added shift to the mix (so Shift+Control+Option+Down), and then noticed it changed it permanently to synch mode. Now I can navigate by verse again with just the up and down arrows.

    Maybe this will work for others, too?
    Abram K-J
    Pastor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Writer, Blogger
    Blog: Words on the Word

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •