Thread: maps without places

Default maps without places

This past week I made a presentation using the BW Maps module on my laptop. I had the journeys of St. Paul routes and Places mentioned in Acts showing. When I closed down the Maps module, it prompted me to save changes. Since I was going to give the same presentation the next day, I clicked the box to save the default, and exited. When I opened the BW Maps module the next day, all I saw was the colored landmasses (in low resolution Landsat) and blue seas, but no rivers, towns, or journey routes. When I clicked on those place on the Overlays/ Stacking order box, no towns, rivers, or journey lines displayed. I tried new overlays, and nothing displays. I grabbed the BWMaps and _mapdbg files from my desktop computer and pasted them into the laptop. I still cannot see any place or lines on the map (or change the resolution of the Landsat map), but when I put the cursor over one of the places in the Overlay, the popup window displays with a place name.
    Anybody have any ideas about what happened and what I can do?
    Otherwise I'll check with Support when they open up in the morning. But the maps are almost useless this way.
    Mark Eddy

I solved the first problem, but created another.
    In the Overlays/ Stacking order window I clicked on "Option" and selected the first option "Unselect all." I got a white page. When I clicked on "Elevation, Israel (detailed) I got the detailed elevation map back (apparently I had not had the Landsat active before, but I could not get the detailed elevation picture). However, the Elevation (low) for the rest of the map does not show as much detail as it used to (if my memory serves me correctly). I chose the rivers and coast borders and overlays, and they now display correctly. When I chose one of the Sites mentioned in the OT, those place and names now display. And the lines for Paul's journeys display.
    So, now if I can only get more detail topography for Asia and Europe. Or maybe I was dreaming that I used to see that.
    Mark Eddy