Thread: Inexplicable Coloring in Browse Window

Default Inexplicable Coloring in Browse Window

Inexplicable for me anyway, because I'm sure there's an obvious explanation for this. I must have hit a wrong key, but all of a sudden all my English translations showed up with comparison coloring:

Name:  BW Screen Shot 5-29-14.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  352.9 KB

I checked my text comparison options (the "balance" icon), but I do not have any English versions set to compare.

Any ideas?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Any ideas?
    This is a feature of BW9 that I think has proved to be an annoyance to many a user. It's been a while since I've seen someone post about it though, so I'll grant a refresher. The reason why the colors are there is because the automatic difference highlighting has been activated in the browse window. It's a nice feature, but the problem is that it's easily activated without one realizing it. The way you probably activated it was by clicking on the browse window and pressing the letter "E" on your keyboard. That will toggle it off and on.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

That's it--thank you! Not only was the coloring unwanted, but it really bogs down the program.

When I went to toggle it off, I had a popup asking me to "okay" it. Either I didn't have the popup before, or I accidentally hit "e" and enter so quickly that I never had time to see the popup.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.