Thread: Analysis Window Data for own Version

Default Analysis Window Data for own Version

I have my own version installed in BW9.
    I would like to see my notes in the Analysis Window pane when viewing my own translation.

In the past BW versions I thought text footnotes were viewable. I would write notes in the ddf file by using the special brackets: "{yada yada yada}" and these showed up in the Analysis pane.
    Now that's not the case. Does the file type have to be different now to work? e.g. wdc, dbx?

Can you comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tarver View Post
    I have my own version installed in BW9.
    I would like to see my notes in the Analysis Window pane when viewing my own translation.

In the past BW versions I thought text footnotes were viewable. I would write notes in the ddf file by using the special brackets: "{yada yada yada}" and these showed up in the Analysis pane.
    Now that's not the case. Does the file type have to be different now to work? e.g. wdc, dbx?

Can you comment on this.
    You should be able to do this just fine. When you compiled the version did you select the right options for footnotes to show? If you're still having problems I can help you out, but probably better to do it via email than the forums (easier for quicker back and forth and attaching files).
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I have it on "Embedded Notes". Isn't that the correct format to display ones notes in {}?

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  52.2 KB

I posted here instead of email correspondence in case it may help someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tarver View Post
    I have it on "Embedded Notes". Isn't that the correct format to display ones notes in {}?
    Nope.

Embedded Notes
    If you select this option you can embed translator notes in the text enclosed in {curly braces}. Text marked in this way will not be indexed. It will be invisible until you click on the Notes Button in BibleWorks.
    Cf. with the following instead.

End Notes
    If you select this option you can attach notes to the end of each verse in your database, enclose in {curly braces}. Text marked in this way will not be indexed. It will appear in the Analysis Window X-Refs Tab when your mouse cursor is on the verse that has the end notes.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default תודה

In the Version Database Compiler I changed the Notes to "End Notes"

yeah that fixed it. I'm very happy about that. Thank you.

ya right. this is good for you.