Thread: Is it possible to copy to MS Word without linebread?

Hybrid View

Default Is it possible to copy to MS Word without linebreak?

When I copy even a single hebrew word to MS Word, there is always adds one or two linebreaks after the word/phrase, and the text direction becomes RTL.

Is is possible to have no linebreak when copying to MS Word?
    Now I have to copy to another MS Word first, and highlight the word and copy to the place in my passage, or it would mess up.

Name:  1.png
Views: 151
Size:  6.7 KB
    Last edited by Martinzh; 05-01-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    Martin Zhang

Someone else might have a better answer, since I do not have the problem you have.
    What version of MSWord are you using?
    There are many ways in which you can have BW copy text. Have you looked at the BW Options Window under "Output Format Options" choosing "Selected Browse Text"? You can play around with the options, though none should add an extra line, unless the Hebrew line wrap forces the Hebrew word to another line.
    Also you may wish to look at BW Help chapter 17, near the end: "Typing Hebrew in MS Word." Depending on your version of MSWord there are different instructions on how to help. If I remember correctly, years ago I added the file "hebwrd97.doc". to my MSWord 2003 edition. And I have not had the problem you describe (other small anomalies do exist, as another recent post illustrates).
    I hope this give you some leads.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Someone else might have a better answer, since I do not have the problem you have.
    There are many ways in which you can have BW copy text. Have you looked at the BW Options Window under "Output Format Options" choosing "Selected Browse Text"? You can play around with the options, though none should add an extra line, unless the Hebrew line wrap forces the Hebrew word to another line.
    Also you may wish to look at BW Help chapter 17, near the end: "Typing Hebrew in MS Word." Depending on your version of MSWord there are different instructions on how to help. If I remember correctly, years ago I added the file "hebwrd97.doc". to my MSWord 2003 edition. And I have not had the problem you describe (other small anomalies do exist, as another recent post illustrates).
    Mark Eddy

Thanks Mark.
    I have checked those options, and did not find any option which seems to fit my need.
    Even a drag and drop does not have with that. It automatically changes the text direction with a linebreak after the Hebrew word.

I use Word 2010.
    Martin Zhang

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Mark Eddy
    thanx again mark for your solution.