Thread: Can I copy without Masoretic decoration?

Hybrid View

Default Can I copy without Masoretic decoration?

I'm trying to copy a phrase from Exod 19:6 in Hebrew, but I wold like to do so without the Masoretic accents and such that are not as such part of the word. I know I could build the phrase from the lexicon but it would be preferable to copy it without these added markings. Can this be done? I had not noticed that I could copy straight from the text into MS Word before. That is very helpful. Thanks.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I'm trying to copy a phrase from Exod 19:6 in Hebrew, but I wold like to do so without the Masoretic accents and such that are not as such part of the word. I know I could build the phrase from the lexicon but it would be preferable to copy it without these added markings. Can this be done? I had not noticed that I could copy straight from the text into MS Word before. That is very helpful. Thanks.

Ken
    you can turn the accents off.
    click anywhere in the browse window (where you see the bibilcal texts) and press "a" on your keyboard. See what happens. ^_^

By "without Masoretic decoration," do you mean without any pointing altogether? If so, then the answer is similar to what Martinzh posted above . . . just click in the browse window and hit the "x" key.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.