Thread: Unicode Export Question -- Again!

Default Unicode Export Question -- Again!

Greetings.

I am using BWW 9.0.

a) At Tools / Importing / Exporting Information / Export Database / Version set at BLM ...

b) With BW Options / General / Fonts / Unicode Fonts (Export Only / Unicode Greek / Gentium ...

c) If I export, say, Range Gen 1-35, the output is in Bwgrkl font, not the expected unicode font (Gentium).

d) Any solution to my simple problem?

Default Unicode Export

Quote Originally Posted by basilides View Post
    Greetings.

I am using BWW 9.0.

a) At Tools / Importing / Exporting Information / Export Database / Version set at BLM ...

b) With BW Options / General / Fonts / Unicode Fonts (Export Only / Unicode Greek / Gentium ...

c) If I export, say, Range Gen 1-35, the output is in Bwgrkl font, not the expected unicode font (Gentium).

d) Any solution to my simple problem?
    Go to Tools | Geberal | Fonts and check "Export Greek Resources"

Mike

Default No dice...

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Go to Tools | Geberal | Fonts and check "Export Greek Resources"

Mike
    Already did this, and still I do not get exports in unicode Gentium. Instead output is Bwgrkl.

Name:  unicode.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  81.1 KB
    Last edited by basilides; 04-09-2014 at 08:30 PM.

I've never used that Import/Exporting Information option, but I also get bwgrkl.
    I'm guessing it's that way, because the main reason to do that would be to create one's own edited versions, and BW needs bwgrkl to import a Greek database.

If I want a big chunk of text, I open my word processor (using MSWord), hit CTRL-SHIFT-B which brings up the copy popup. Enter the range. Make sure the version you want is being copied (or hit Favorites and use the dialogue to get what you want), then hit copy.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default A Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    I've never used that Import/Exporting Information option, but I also get bwgrkl.
    I'm guessing it's that way, because the main reason to do that would be to create one's own edited versions, and BW needs bwgrkl to import a Greek database.

If I want a big chunk of text, I open my word processor (using MSWord), hit CTRL-SHIFT-B which brings up the copy popup. Enter the range. Make sure the version you want is being copied (or hit Favorites and use the dialogue to get what you want), then hit copy.
    Thanks, but the function you mentioned (above) is not what I need (I have used it many times before). This could be a bug, and I hope BWW fixes it as soon as possible, as I am sure they will.

Default Font problem

Thanks, but the function you mentioned (above) is not what I need (I have used it many times before). This could be a bug, and I hope BWW fixes it as soon as possible, as I am sure they will.

Does it work if you use SBL Greek instead of Gentium?

Default Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Does it work if you use SBL Greek instead of Gentium?
    No, the exported results are the same (not the desired unicode: Gentium, SBL Greek, etc.)

Default Export problem

No, the exported results are the same (not the desired unicode: Gentium, SBL Greek, etc.)
    If you are desperate you can delete the files bw900.ini (bw root dir) and copyops.dat (in the init folder) and see if that fixes it. Backup the files first so you can restore your settings if it doesn't help. Also send the backed up files to tech support and describe the problem to them. There are so many settings that interact with each other that it's hard to diagnose without those files.

Mike