Thread: Hebrew analysis window won't go away

Default Hebrew analysis window won't go away

I've been doing a variety of searches in Hebrew and tonight I ran across a problem that I've not seen before. I was looking up a verse in Hebrew and trying to get the analysis window to show me information, but
    1. Each time I tried to move my mouse to the analysis window, BW9 (on XP) either a) changed to some word I had not clicked on (yes, I was holding down shift), or b) it would not change at all.
    2. I switched the version in the main browse window to NAU and di da fresh search fora n English word. The analysis window, however, continued to show the analysis for the Hebrew word NaTaN.

I've never seen anything like this. I closed and restarted BW in case there was something weird in its cache but that made no difference. I tried clicking on different tabs besides analysis. The window changed but when I cane back to the Analysis window, it still showed info on a Hebrew word I did not click on at all tonight.

Any suggestions forhowt ot fix this? Thanks.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I've been doing a variety of searches in Hebrew and tonight I ran across a problem that I've not seen before. I was looking up a verse in Hebrew and trying to get the analysis window to show me information, but
    1. Each time I tried to move my mouse to the analysis window, BW9 (on XP) either a) changed to some word I had not clicked on (yes, I was holding down shift), or b) it would not change at all.
    2. I switched the version in the main browse window to NAU and di da fresh search fora n English word. The analysis window, however, continued to show the analysis for the Hebrew word NaTaN.

I've never seen anything like this. I closed and restarted BW in case there was something weird in its cache but that made no difference. I tried clicking on different tabs besides analysis. The window changed but when I cane back to the Analysis window, it still showed info on a Hebrew word I did not click on at all tonight.

Any suggestions forhowt ot fix this? Thanks.

Ken

Hello Ken,

You may have changed the settings. If you put your cursor over the analysis window and right-click, you'll see the option "Update only when shift key depressed". If that is checked, your last analysis will remain, unless you place your cursor over a word while holding down the shift key. I.e., with this option enabled, the analysis window does the opposite of what it does by default.

Does this help?

DC

Thanks Donald for your reply. I'm afraid, however, that that doesn't help[ because I already do that maneuver all the time, and I already have that setting turned on. Thanks.

Ken

Default Analysis Window

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Thanks Donald for your reply. I'm afraid, however, that that doesn't help[ because I already do that maneuver all the time, and I already have that setting turned on. Thanks.

Ken
    One thing you can do is backup the bw900.ini file and then delete it. If that fixes it compare the old and new bw900.ini file that gets created to see what the difference is. If you find the obvious setting causing a problem you can edit the backup copy and copy it back. Other than that I would recommend contacting tech support. They have seen just about everything that can happen.

Mike