Thread: Tavultesoft Keyman program updated

Default Tavultesoft Keyman program updated

For some of you this may be of interest, but I just got an email that the latest version of Tavultesoft's Keyman program (9.0) now offers a completely free version that should be a help in managing and using different keyboards (e.g. Greek and Hebrew). I have an older version of this program and haven't yet downloaded the latest, but because this program has been mentioned on these forums from time to time, I just wanted to let people know that there's now a free option for it.

http://keyman.com/desktop/
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    For some of you this may be of interest, but I just got an email that the latest version of Tavultesoft's Keyman program (9.0) now offers a completely free version that should be a help in managing and using different keyboards (e.g. Greek and Hebrew). I have an older version of this program and haven't yet downloaded the latest, but because this program has been mentioned on these forums from time to time, I just wanted to let people know that there's now a free option for it.

http://keyman.com/desktop/
    Hello, I bought the version 8. Should discard it and get the free version of 9.0?

Martin
    Martin Zhang

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzh View Post
    Hello, I bought the version 8. Should discard it and get the free version of 9.0?

Martin
    I am in the same situation, Martin. Should I stay with the paid version 8 or upgrade to the free version 9 which looks to offer the same thing. I contacted Tavultesoft, and I received a standard reply that didn't answer my question except to suggest I upgrade to the version 9 pro. For now, I'm staying w/ version 8. If someone else knows, I'd appreciate an update.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    I am in the same situation, Martin. Should I stay with the paid version 8 or upgrade to the free version 9 which looks to offer the same thing. I contacted Tavultesoft, and I received a standard reply that didn't answer my question except to suggest I upgrade to the version 9 pro. For now, I'm staying w/ version 8. If someone else knows, I'd appreciate an update.
    I think I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I admit, I'm a bit puzzled by their marketing. They used to be free, and then they weren't and now they are again. It doesn't do much to retain paying users to go bounce around like that. I haven't installed the new version mostly because I've a) paid for the previous version and b) it works fine. But if you don't have a paid copy, it seems like this free version would be a nice addition. It's overall a nice program aside from this marketing issue.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!