Thread: Making Versions Appear In The Browse Window

Default Making Versions Appear In The Browse Window

Hi, my Bible versions are appearing, but when I select a Targum, Philo, Josephus, or Mishnah, it does not appear in the browse window. Can anyone help me out in non-technical terms? I would most appreciate it. Blessings in Christ. Also - the "Legends" of Ginzburg, is that on BW 8?

Whichever of those you select should appear in your browse window. What happens when you enter "jos" on the command line?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Concerning the versions in question:
    I assume that you have made all of these versions active display versions.
    The Targumim are extant for only some of the books of the Old Testament. If your search book, chapter, and verse does not have a Targum, no Targum will display in the browse window. If you are looking at a verse in the Pentateuch, all sorts of Targumim are available.
    The other three databases (Josephus, Philo, and Mishnah) are not Bible versions. Therefore they will never display in the same browse window with Bible verses.
    What I do is have a separate tab for Josephus and Philo. Using the "Choose Search Versions" window I have my Philo tab set to "Search and Display All Same Language Versions." Then if I want to see if a word is used in the Bible, Philo, and Josephus, I do the search in my Philo tab, and BW creates another window which lists all the versions which contain the word or lemma which I searched. Then I can look up the appropriate Bible verses in my Bible tab (actually I have separate NT and OT tabs) and I can look up the Josephus "verses" in the Josephus tab, and the Philo "verses" in the Philo tab.
    If you want to look at a Bible verse and a "verse" in Philo or Josephus at the same time, you will have to open a secondary browse window for one of those databases.
    I use the Mishnah only sparingly; but when I do, I usually open the "Resources" click on "Backgrounds" and choose the Rodkinson Babylonian Talmud.
    The Mishnah part of this database (English only) is searchable in BW, and you will find results with the "Search and Display All Same Language Versions" search on an English word. But you will not be able to see a passage in the Mishnah in the same browse window as any Bible verses.
    I hope this helps.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by asherblake View Post
    Also - the "Legends" of Ginzburg, is that on BW 8?
    "Legends" is not included in BibleWorks. You can download a user-created version of it from the BibleWorks Blog.
    http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/
    Go to "Versions" and look in the section "Hebrew Bible Related"