I submitted the following to support (twice) over the last two weeks, but only have received the automated responses. I thought I would see if I could get support from BW here.
Note: Normally, BW support has been reasonable responsive and I hear back in a day or two, the long silence on this one is unusual.
Here is the issue:
Bible works version 10.0.3.734
(Note: the attached .vls files were renamed to .txt because the uploader would not upload a .vls file)
I ran into several problems with GSE while using an imported verse list. I have attached some GSE example files and verse lists.
First Problem: I tried to change the top level “or” box in the “bogus acronym” query to an “and” box with only two matches required. And I got the following error.
“Can't use these features together.
In one of your AND Merge boxes, you've allowed the query to require only some of the word boxes. This feature can only be used in simple boolean-only queries. It cannot be used with ordering, agreement crossing verse boundaries, or hit highlighting.
To use these results in another query, save the results in a verse list and import the verse list into a second query.”
The first problem (very minor): I had never tried a query with an imported verse list, and was expecting to find the import under the file menu where the export verse list is. I eventually found that I could import the verse list in a word box (I assume this is how it was supposed to be done). It would have been nice if this dialog box had a little more information about how to import a verse list.
Second problem (wrong results): I deleted the top 4 “and” boxes and their “word” boxes, ran the query and saved the results to “IAM.vls.” I then create a query keeping only the top “and” boxes and their “word boxes” and deleting the 4 on the bottom. I then added an “and” box at the top with a word box that included the previously exported verse list. This is “debug example.qf.” The results I got were not an “and between the tree on the left side of the “and” box and the verse list on the right side. I tried making the top level “or” box on the left side a “sub query” but that also did not change the results.
Third problem (file name in query lost): While trying to debug this problem, I would open the verse list manager to check the results of the saved verse list against the results from the query. After doing this and then returning to the query the query would not run again because the file name of the verse list had been truncated to the just the name of the top level directory. I had to go and reselect the file name before running the query again each time I used the verse list manager.
Temporary Resolution: I deleted the “and” box and the “word” box with the imported verse list from “debug query.qf,” and then ran the query with only the “or” section on the left. I then saved the results to “YHWH.vls.” I then created a new query “debug example 2.qf” with only two “word” boxes (each with a verse list) and an “and” box. This returned the results I was expecting from “debug example.qf”