Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syncing Browse and Analysis Browse windows

Default Syncing Browse and Analysis Browse windows

Is there either A) a setting by which the the main Browse window and the Browse Window in the Analysis section can be synced, or B) a keyboard shortcut to do it on an ad hoc basis? I know there is a Toolbar button, but I'm pretty keyboard-centric most of the time.

In the Analysis Window Browse tab, the drop-down options menu includes at the bottom Synch Browser on Verse Change. I think that's the setting; but you may already have that.

I'm puzzled about a Toolbar button to sync these two. In fact, as I poke into this, I'm puzzled about a lot of things. In Help section 23, Analysis Window: The Browse Tab, under The Browse Tab Header, it says, "To change the items displayed right click on a blank area of the header and select the options that you want from the context menu," and then gives a list of options. I can't for the life of me find that context menu by right-clicking in the header of the Analysis Window Browse tab. All I get is a 3-item menu offering Outline Heading, Browse List Boxes, and Popup CL. Also, at the end of sec. 23, it says, "If you scroll the Browse Tab window [with sync turned off] and then want to synchronize the Browse Tab to the Browse Window once again, you can press the Synchronize Tab Browser button on the Browse Tab header." That sounds like the button you mentioned, but I can't find it either.

So, RandomSF, it seems that I need more help than you do! But in fact I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut to do this. Those are listed in Help section 72.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Yes, I already have the option Sync Browser on Verse Change checked. But, checked or unchecked it does not Sync. Now I'm tilting toward bug, maybe.

I found the Synchronize Windows button by choosing customize toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSF View Post
    Yes, I already have the option Sync Browser on Verse Change checked. But, checked or unchecked it does not Sync. Now I'm tilting toward bug, maybe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're really asking is that when you click the "browse" button in the main browse window you want the browse window in the Analysis pane to also switch to "browse" mode. Is that correct? AFAIK, this is not the way it works.

Rather, if I have the browse window open in the Analysis pane and I change verses in the main browse window, then the browse window in the Analysis pane also changes verses in harmony with the main browse window, which is the way it's supposed to work.

So what you want, if I got it right, is for the browse mode in the Analysis pane to sync with the browse mode in the main browse window, i.e., go from "browse" to single verse in each pane simultaneously. As I said, if that is the case, I don't think it's supposed to work that way, but I'm ready to be corrected if it is.

Adelphos, what you say here is in fact what I want.
    Rather, if I have the browse window open in the Analysis pane and I change verses in the main browse window, then the browse window in the Analysis pane also changes verses in harmony with the main browse window, which is the way it's supposed to work.
    Unfortunately, this does not happen.
    Possibly, this is another clue. I have verse changing set so that if I press Down Arrow, the verse in the Main Browse window changes.

And there it is, sure enough! Hadn't explored that before. I'm still puzzled about what's supposed to be available in the context menu in the Analysis Window Browse tab header.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Adelphos, what you say here is in fact what I want.

Unfortunately, this does not happen.
    Possibly, this is another clue. I have verse changing set so that if I press Down Arrow, the verse in the Main Browse window changes.
    In the Analysis Pane where you have the Browse Tab open, look for the little options button in the top left corner (the three dashes stacked one upon another).

Click on that and then choose "Sync Browser on Verse Change" at the bottom of that list.

That should do it for you.

Adelphos, my answer #3 has that. That's why I'm so puzzled. I would think that would work. Tilting a bit more in the bug direction.

Adelphos, my answer #3 has that. That's why I'm so puzzled. I would think that would work. Tilting a bit more in the bug direction.
    Ah. I missed that. But I'm not sure it's a bug since it works on mine and other's computers. It sounds more like something specific to your setup. You can email customer support, or before that, you might try deleting your BW1000.ini file and restarting BW and see if that makes it work again.

Yes, I'll take this to support. It's happening on my laptop and desktop machines. It used to work for me on both.