Thread: The Theological Journals Library?

Default The Theological Journals Library?

Several years ago I started purchasing Galaxie Software's Theological Journals. I was published by Galaxie, but used the Logos/Libronix engine. In the last few years Logos has not allowed Galaxie to sell them, but they have licensed them and sold them. I recently got an email from Galaxie announcing some changes. It said in part:

"Logos decided last year not to resell future versions of The Theological Journal Library (TJL). So the last version you will be able to buy from them is TJL 15. However, there are several options available to you if you want to keep up with our TJL collection. The most current collection now includes TJL 1-16 volumes + the Old Bibsacs vols 1-90 + the Bible and Spade journals."

One of the options was described this way:

"BibleWorks has just started work on converting the TJL to their system. I don't know how long it will be until their version is ready, but if you are a BibleWorks fan, you might want to wait for them. I'm sure they will have a special cross-grade deal when the time comes."

I am a fan of BibleWorks (having had it since version 2, I think), but I also don't want to wait for something that is not going to happen. I could not find this mentioned on the website or these forums. Does anyone have more information on this?

Thanks in advance.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by united_by_truth View Post
    Several years ago I started purchasing Galaxie Software's Theological Journals. I was published by Galaxie, but used the Logos/Libronix engine. In the last few years Logos has not allowed Galaxie to sell them, but they have licensed them and sold them. I recently got an email from Galaxie announcing some changes. It said in part:

"Logos decided last year not to resell future versions of The Theological Journal Library (TJL). So the last version you will be able to buy from them is TJL 15. However, there are several options available to you if you want to keep up with our TJL collection. The most current collection now includes TJL 1-16 volumes + the Old Bibsacs vols 1-90 + the Bible and Spade journals."

One of the options was described this way:

"BibleWorks has just started work on converting the TJL to their system. I don't know how long it will be until their version is ready, but if you are a BibleWorks fan, you might want to wait for them. I'm sure they will have a special cross-grade deal when the time comes."

I am a fan of BibleWorks (having had it since version 2, I think), but I also don't want to wait for something that is not going to happen. I could not find this mentioned on the website or these forums. Does anyone have more information on this?

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like you're the first to spill the secret I personally don't know anything about it, but Galaxie wouldn't say it unless it were so. Perhaps it's tied to a future release of BibleWorks? As it is, BibleWorks tends not to talk about impending releases until they're almost out so as not to raise hopes and then delay them. Hopefully this one is coming soon though.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Hi everyone,

I've been wondering about this too. I've been a longtime user of Bibleworks (since 3.5) and also a longtime subscriber to the TJL.
    I understand why the BW staff may not want to let us in on this 'secret' but it was announced by Hampton Keathley in an email back in Feb. to all past subscribers to the TJL. Hampton wrote:

"BibleWorks has just started work on converting the
    TJL to their system. I don't know how long it will be until their version is ready, but if you are a BibleWorks fan, you might want to wait for them. I'm sure they will have a special cross-grade deal when the time comes."

There is another good reason to let us know because there is a limited time offer for a crossgrade to Wordsearch or (dare I mention?) Ac***nce for $100. If we wait for a hypothetical BW version (which is what I want to do) but it doesn't materialise, we may not have access to the $100 offer by that time.

So please, even if you cannot announce when it will happen, could you let us know if it will happen and if there will be a time limited deal at a comparable price?

Thanks,
    Colin

It would be nice to know what BW has planned regarding this. Should I wait for them to do something or spend my money elsewhere?