Thread: Find all LXX/NT Verbs and ...

Post Find all LXX/NT Verbs and ...

Greetings!

How does one perform the following task in BibleWorks 9?

Find all verbs plus their lemmas in the LXX/NT corpus,

then display the results in a list of three columns (1. Bible references [Gen 1:1 etc.], 2. Greek words, 3. Greek lemmas)

that can be exported to MS WORD or the like.

I would deeply appreciate your help in this matter.

Default See Classroom Tip 3.1

I think that Classroom Tip 3.1 might provide the best help to provide what you need: http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/3_01/index.html. While the tip addresses Hebrew, the same procedures work for Greek.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Default 3 columns ...

Thanks.

I haven't tried it out yet, but (judging from the screen shots) is there a way to get three columns, not four: 1) Bible references, 2) Greek words, and 3) Greek lemmas?
    Last edited by basilides; 02-10-2014 at 08:33 AM.

I'm sorry, but you will have to remove the 2nd column of references. Before you paste the lemma column with the text column, use the features in Word to remove the Scripture refs column. This way you will have the 3 columns you want.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Good enough!

Thanks.

This will do the trick.
    Last edited by basilides; 02-10-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Is there a way to utilize that classroom tip to make a similar list, but which has word frequency counts?

You would not be able to add a single list of word counts to the lemma + form + Bible references, as the counts would be different for form than it would be for lemma. I believe you are actually looking for a different kind of list, as Bible references + word counts wouldn't be very meaningful. (Most verses would only have one occurence of the word in the verse, even if the word occurs repeatedly in a passage.)

I think perhaps the Context Tab may provide what you want, as it lists the words in the book, chapter, and pericope, and lists the frequencies of the words. Use a text version to see a list of forms + frequency, and switch to a morphology version to see a list of lemmas + frequency.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Great--thank you!