Thread: Typing Hebrew in Command Line

Default Typing Hebrew in Command Line

I originally cut my teeth on an old version of BW. Upgraded but slowly getting used to the new style in BW 9. There used to be a keyboard option to click that could be set to easily type Hebrew. Where is it? The Keyboard icon only brings up a layout dialogue. It would be a huge help to have a "typewriter" right there to type in the Hebrew letters. Used to be like that or am I dreaming?

Thanks

I found it. It is the @ icon

Quote Originally Posted by endlyss View Post
    I originally cut my teeth on an old version of BW. Upgraded but slowly getting used to the new style in BW 9. There used to be a keyboard option to click that could be set to easily type Hebrew. Where is it? The Keyboard icon only brings up a layout dialogue. It would be a huge help to have a "typewriter" right there to type in the Hebrew letters. Used to be like that or am I dreaming?

Thanks

Lee replied to my post but for some reason it does not show up here.

Lee wrote
    I'm a little confused. If the browse window version is a Hebrew version (e.g., WTT, WTM), the command line typing should automatically be Hebrew as soon as you enter the . ' or /. The @ sign should begin entering the morphology if the browse window version is a morphology (e.g., WTM).
    Yes typing in the window of a Hebrew version does type in Hebrew but I need a keyboard map of some sort. It is there and as I mentioned it is accessed with the @ button. Actually there are two @ things. One looks like an actual button, the other looks flat and calls up the morphology assistant.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean to use the pop up keyboard?
    There is a keyboard icon (The first icon in the following picture). If you click that icon, the pop up keyboard window will show up. Select "Hebrew", you will see the Hebrew Keyboard layout. Or you can download the keyboard layout from the BW website and print it out for your own reference.

Name:  Screenshot - 2014_3_3 , 21_00_50.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  5.5 KB

Martin

Lee wrote

Yes typing in the window of a Hebrew version does type in Hebrew but I need a keyboard map of some sort. It is there and as I mentioned it is accessed with the @ button. Actually there are two @ things. One looks like an actual button, the other looks flat and calls up the morphology assistant.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Martin,

On my version the keyboard icon doesn't bring up the typewriter it brings up Bibleworks Keyboard Layout dialog box.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzh View Post
    Do you mean to use the pop up keyboard?
    There is a keyboard icon (The first icon in the following picture). If you click that icon, the pop up keyboard window will show up. Select "Hebrew", you will see the Hebrew Keyboard layout. Or you can download the keyboard layout from the BW website and print it out for your own reference.

Name:  Screenshot - 2014_3_3 , 21_00_50.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  5.5 KB

Martin

Lee wrote

Thanks for your reply.
    I had deleted my post when I re-read yours and realized that we were talking about two different things.

Sorry for the confusion.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.