Thread: How to search the Passive Participles in Aramaic?

Default How to search the Passive Participles in Aramaic?

It seems that there is no code for the Aramaic Passive Participles.
    The Parsing code also lacks the information as well. (see my search code and the parsing code for the passive participle on the screenshot below).

I have reported to BW custom service, but I haven't got any response so far.

Name:  BW.png
Views: 140
Size:  42.8 KB

Default Passive Participle

There appears to be a mistake in the documentation and in the command line code translator. The 's' in the third position means passive participle. So the search <.*v?s*> should find them all. I will schedule this for a fix.
    Mike

Later:

I looked at the code and for some reason the "s" code for passive participle is commented out. That's programmer-speak for the code is still in there but marked so it is no longer active. There was apparently some issue with a change in the way participles are coded, but the matter is buried deep in the past and I don't really remember what the issue was. In any case I restored the old code and it seems to work OK now, both the information display and the morph code helper. Actual searches were unaffected so if you have been using the "s" code to pick up passive participles nothing has changed. It was just a matter of information display not search execution. The fix has been posted. But let us know if there are unexpected side effects.

Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 02-28-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Hi Mike,
    I tried to use "s" to search for the Passive participles. But I cannot type it out (not only that I canot see it).
    Please see the screenshot. I cannot enter "s" after <.*%v?>.
    Name:  no Passive.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  35.6 KB

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    There appears to be a mistake in the documentation and in the command line code translator. The 's' in the third position means passive participle. So the search <.*v?s*> should find them all. I will schedule this for a fix.
    Mike

Later:

I looked at the code and for some reason the "s" code for passive participle is commented out. That's programmer-speak for the code is still in there but marked so it is no longer active. There was apparently some issue with a change in the way participles are coded, but the matter is buried deep in the past and I don't really remember what the issue was. In any case I restored the old code and it seems to work OK now, both the information display and the morph code helper. Actual searches were unaffected so if you have been using the "s" code to pick up passive participles nothing has changed. It was just a matter of information display not search execution. The fix has been posted. But let us know if there are unexpected side effects.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzh View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I tried to use "s" to search for the Passive participles. But I cannot type it out (not only that I canot see it).
    Please see the screenshot. I cannot enter "s" after <.*%v?>.
    Martin
    Did you get the latest executable update. It should be 9.0.12.514.

When the morph helper pops up to give you choices, you can press the ESC to dismiss the choices list and type anything. But if you have the 514 update that should not be necessary. Run the program and see what version number is displayed in the lower right hand corner.

Mike

I just updated.
    And it works now!
    Thanks a lot!

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Did you get the latest executable update. It should be 9.0.12.514.

When the morph helper pops up to give you choices, you can press the ESC to dismiss the choices list and type anything. But if you have the 514 update that should not be necessary. Run the program and see what version number is displayed in the lower right hand corner.

Mike

Default Two years ago...

For the record, here is an earlier thread on this issue: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...in-Daniel-2-22

(Sorry, I misread the date of posting; it was a half year ago rather than 2 years; I can't edit the subject line to make it more accurate).
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 02-28-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Wow~~
    An ancient problem!!!
    I'm glad that it has been solved.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    For the record, here is an earlier thread on this issue: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...in-Daniel-2-22