Thread: New Mac Installer available for testing! Greek font improvements...

Hybrid View

Default New Mac Installer available for testing! Greek font improvements...

Hello, Friends!
    We have a new BW Mac Installer available for testing if you have time. This update greatly improves the BWGrkl Greek font appearance on screen. Also, the Command Line’s auto-complete drop down list should now work properly when you click or press shift-Enter on a word. Finally, we added support to increase the font sizes in the CHM windows (also requires forthcoming EXE update).
    To test it, you do NOT have to re-install the program. Simply follow these steps:

1. Download the test installer: http://edist.bibleworksllc.com/macse...rks-9r3-24.dmg
    2. Run the installer and drag the BW icon onto the Applications folder.
    3. When asked if you want to Keep both or Replace, please select Replace.
    4. You can now run BibleWorks. After startup, the lower left corner should show MCW 9r3-24.

The file is only 70MB and is simple to install (no need to re-install the entire program). You can also roll back to the previous public installer if needed.
    Thanks!
    Michael
    Last edited by MTan; 04-01-2014 at 01:06 PM.

I am using a Macbook Pro Retina and the improvement is striking. Well done in making the Mac version more readable.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I am using a Macbook Pro Retina and the improvement is striking. Well done in making the Mac version more readable.
    I installed this but didn't notice a huge improvement in the Greek font (though the Mac I used was not a retina display Mac). Is a reboot necessary, perhaps?
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 03-02-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Run the latest BibleWorks update in the program.

Default New Mac Installer

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Run the latest BibleWorks update in the program.
    Installer worked fine, Greek looked much better after the new update was applied. I am using a Mac Book Air but with a 23" IPS external display.

Bill

Good news! The new EXE just posted (518) fixes the touchpad scrolling problem in the Mac Installer in almost all windows! Just a few more places to address…

Michael