Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I creat my own BW version/database?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default How do I creat my own BW version/database?

    I have a transcript of a manuscript of John that I'm wanting to upload into BW9 so I can do quick text comparisons with it and other Greek texts (Bgt, Byz, etc.). How do I take this text file and do this?

    Also, it's in unicode, not Latin characters with a Greek font. Is that the proper format or would I have to convert the unicode to Latin characters?

    If there's another thread or a webpage or a helpscreen that explains this, please link. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabiblia View Post
    I have a transcript of a manuscript of John that I'm wanting to upload into BW9 so I can do quick text comparisons with it and other Greek texts (Bgt, Byz, etc.). How do I take this text file and do this?
    Create a simple text file (.txt) with no formatting. Then create a .ddf file using the Version Database Compiler. Follow the instructions. See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by tabiblia View Post
    Also, it's in unicode, not Latin characters with a Greek font. Is that the proper format or would I have to convert the unicode to Latin characters?
    It has to be in "Latin characters," as you put it. BW does not accept Unicode to build user versions. For Greek, BibleWorks can accept both "BW Native Format" in the .txt file or CCAT Format. Most of the letters are the same in the two formats, but the accents and punctuation differ considerably.
    BibleWorks can export any of its Greek texts in Unicode, but internally it runs on BW Native Format (which I think is part of what makes BW run so quickly), and currently nothing in BW can convert Unicode to CCAT or to BW Native Format.
    This question has come up in the past, so perhaps someone has created a way to convert Unicode into CCAT in Word or some other program. But BW does not do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tabiblia View Post
    If there's another thread or a webpage or a helpscreen that explains this, please link. Thanks!
    BibleWorks Help chapter 61 covers everything you need to know to compile a user database into a version for BW. To open Help to this chapter, you can place your cursor over the "Build User Version" button (wrench over a book), and hit the f1 key.
    Mark Eddy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •