Thread: How can I export the results of the "Parallel Hebrew-LXX" tool as a result list ?

Hybrid View

Default How can I export the results of the "Parallel Hebrew-LXX" tool as a result list ?

Dear Friends the Hebrew-LXX Parallel tool is extremly powerful, but how can I export the results back in the BW Main window as clickable result list?
    Any hint is valuable - even if it won't work.
    Yours
    Peter

Do your search, then select (highlight) the rows you want in the "Parallel Alignment Window". This can be a bit awkward, since if you click on a line BW sometimes thinks you want that line and the ones following it in WTT. If you hold Ctrl or Shift while clicking with the mouse all should be well.
    On the main menu at the top select
    Copy
    Copy Selected (Raw)

Then paste that into a document (.rtf, .htm, .bww, or .txt). I used .rtf with WordPad; .bww with BW Editor should work just the same. Save the document.

Go to the main BW window.
    Open Verse List Manager (VLM) -- I have an icon that does it; function key F7 will also open it.
    On VLM window main menu select
    Import
    From Document

The standard file selection sub-window will come up; select the file you just saved.
    And you have a verse list! BW is smart enough to know that I want WTT as the search version.
    Now on VLM window main menu select
    Export
    Export to Search Window

Does this do what you wanted?

--Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 01-13-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Discovered unpredictability of "select" behaviour.

Dear Jim,

it's unbelievable - it works perfectly and I have to admit: I would never ever have been able to come to this idea. If you were near here in Bavaria/Germay I'd invited you to diner, as this procedure safes hours for me - as I do a lot in the LXX-Hebrew Parallel tool. And so far I was not able to get my results in the main window. But wouldn't a button for such Needs not a new feature for BW10?
    Yours in Christ !
    Peter, Germany
    Last edited by Peter; 01-13-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dear Jim,

it's unbelievable - it works perfectly and I have to admit: I would never ever have been able to come to this idea. If you were near here in Bavaria/Germay I'd invited you to diner, as this procedure safes hours for me - as I do a lot in the LXX-Hebrew Parallel tool. And so far I was not able to get my results in the main window. But wouldn't a button for such Needs not a new feature for BW10?
    Yours in Christ !
    Peter, Germany
    One thing went ok yesterday, but is a question today: how can I transfer all selected search results from the "Aligment search window" to the "Parallel Aligment Window" ?
    The rest is clear - but how did I do that yesterday.
    Thank you again!
    Peter, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    One thing went ok yesterday, but is a question today: how can I transfer all selected search results from the "Aligment search window" to the "Parallel Aligment Window" ?
    The rest is clear - but how did I do that yesterday.
    Thank you again!
    Peter, Germany
    At the top of the PAW are 13 tabs, much like the context tabs above the search pane of the BW main window. The first is labelled "Hebrew/LXX Alignment" and contains the entire Alignment, scrolled to your current BW verse. The others, labelled 1 through 12, are to hold the results of searches. Unless you click on another tab, by default all search results will go into tab 1. When you do a search, the "Alignment search window" (ASW) shows you the word combinations found. The "Parallel Alignment Window" (PAW) tab that has a "+" before the tab number will show all the lines where those word combinations are found, available to copy into a document to create your Verse List. To not lose earlier search results, click on a new tab, then do your search.

If you want only one of the Hebrew/Greek combinations found (one line in the ASW) click on a new PAW tab (if you don't want to lose the complete search result in the PAW) and click on the line you want in the ASW. All lines having that combination of words will now be in the PAW, available to copy into a document.
    If you want a subset of your search result (more than one, but not all of the Hebrew/Greek combinations found) you probably will have to repeat this process for each line from the ASW that you want; I was able to use Cntl click and Shift click to select multiple ASW rows, but could not find a way to get more than one row at a time from the ASW to the PAW. But this isn't a big problem, since you can paste the raw copy from different PAW tabs into one .txt or .bww or .rtf document to create one verse list in the Verse List Manager.

I hope this helps.

--Jim

All answers are given, thanks again, Jim ! The tool is so much fun and I could work hours with it (if I would have the time), but your hints help me to safe time. Now everything is perfectly clear.
    Thanks !
    Peter, Germany
    Last edited by Peter; 01-15-2014 at 07:56 PM.