Thread: How to change default Notes and Editor format to RTF from BWW

Hybrid View

Default How to change default Notes and Editor format to RTF from BWW

I would like to make BibleWorks use RTF format by default, so that I can view and edit the files on my Android phone with an RTF editor (it can't open BWW and Android can't associate BWW to an app). How do I make BibleWorks use RTF by default?

Also when I start using RTF and change all my notes to the RTF extension, will Bibleworks still auto load them?

A bit of testing shows me that apparently BW will not automatically load chapter notes with an .RTF extension; and I don't think you can make the notes editor default to that extension either. On the other hand, BW's files that have the .BWW extension are in fact Rich Text Format files, just with a different extension name. I find that if I just change the extension name of one of them from .BWW to .RTF, it opens fine in, for instance, WordPad.

If you use the Save File As function in BibleWorks to save .BWW files as .RTF, you can create .BWW notes files and save them as .RTF files, which should open on your Android device, in whatever app is set up to work with them. It is a shame that Android doesn't let you assign file types and extensions to apps, though.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

BWW files are RTF files. Just change the extension to RTF, and you're fine.
    If you change the extension to RTF, however, they will not autoload. I do not know of a way to change BW to look for RTFs instead of BWWs.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools