Thread: Bibleworks 9 Greek keyboard/ language/translation questions.

Default Bibleworks 9 Greek keyboard/ language/translation questions.

Hi,

I am trying to search in Greek language and i can't. I have read the faq and can't figure it out.
    Typing in Greek is not possible for me. (windows 8.1)

(Other issues have solved)

Thank you.
    Last edited by thanasisglt; 12-26-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thanasisglt View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to search in Greek language and i can't. I have read the faq and can't figure it out.
    Typing in Greek is not possible for me. (windows 8.1)

(Other issues have solved)

Thank you.
    I'm not sure that I quite understand your question, but I'll take a stab at it. To search the Greek text, you need to be sure that a Greek version (e.g., BNT, BNM, BYZ, BYM) is selected as the display text. Then you need to put a period (.), apostrophe ('), or slash (/) in the command line to indicate what kind of search you wish to make. It should then automatically type in Greek when you have done this.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

I changed the display version in Greek bible MGK, APF etc but nothing changed.

I want my keyboard to write Greek letters but when i ichange the language to Greek it writes whatever (symbols and letters that i don't understand)

I just tried searching in those versions, and it does work for me as it should. Do be sure you're typing a period, apostrophe, or slash before typing any of the search terms. I have occasionally seen nonsense characters, as you describe, but pressing the Esc key clears the command line and then all is well.

Are you able to search successfully in Roman-alphabet languages?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Typing . or ' or / on the command line, if your search version is a Greek version, will automatically lead to Greek letters displaying on the command line, if when you installed BibleWorks you properly installed the BibleWorks fonts. BW8 & BW9 automatically install the fonts. If you somehow got an earlier version, you might have to copy the BibleWorks Greek and Hebrew fonts from the main BibleWorks folder into the Windows Fonts folder. Sometimes you need to reboot your computer for the fonts to take effect.
    Mark Eddy

Don't switch your system keyboard to Greek.

Rather, switch to a Greek version. (E.g, in command line, type: BGM and hit enter)
    Type a period (.)
    BibleWorks then knows you are searching Greek, so just start typing and the Greek should appear. (E.g., type: .agapw exactly using those keystrokes, and it should appear as .αγαπω)
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Problem solved!
    Thanks a lot all of you for your replies!