Thread: Can BibleWorks run in Yosemite?

Question Can BibleWorks run in Yosemite?

I do not dare to install Yosemite because I am not sure if BibleWorks can run. Any experience of either success or failure using BibleWorks in the new OSX Yosemite will be greatly appreciated.

John

Updated yesterday. I was able to open BW 9 without any problems. While I have yet to use any advanced features such as graphical searching etc. the program worked fine for me with one exception: if I double click on on a word to search, the search runs, but the window minimizes. So I need to run in text searches from the right mouse context window. I do this most of the time anyway.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by jfidel; 10-19-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Updated yesterday. I was able to open BW 10 without any problems. While I have yet to use any advanced features such as graphical searching etc. the program worked fine for me with one exception: if I double click on on a word to search, the search runs, but the window minimizes. So I need to run in text searches from the right mouse context window. I do this most of the time anyway.

Hope this helps
    The same with me. The reason when you double click on a word the window minimizes is that you have checked "Double-click a window's title bar to minimize" option in the 'Dock' Setting in 'System Preference'.
    But if you uncheck it, BW will act as if you click the green button in the top-left corner.
    So, either the orange button (to minimize the window) or the green button (to enlarge the window or back to normal).

Martin
    Martin Zhang

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I was able to open BW 10 without any problems.
    BW 10?

(This sentence is merely filler to expand my post to the required 10 words.)
    Abram K-J
    Pastor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Writer, Blogger
    Blog: Words on the Word

Wishful thinking on my part I guess. Fixed to BW9