Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW10 - Crash on start up

Default BW10 - Crash on start up

I have upgraded my license from BW9 to BW10. I completely removed my BW9 installation and proceeded to install BW10 using these instructions (http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/inde...Installer.html).

After the installation is complete, I get the message saying BibleWorks needs to restart the computer. When I select yes, the installation closes but does not starts up again. When I start BibleWorks manually, I get the "CodeWeavers shutdown notice" and BibleWorks quits.

Name:  Screen_Shot_2015-04-21_at_15_19_56.png
Views: 126
Size:  370.1 KB

Default Same problem

I just did a fresh install of BW10 on my Macbook air and encountered the same problem. Have you been able to resolve this?

Default Exact Same Problem - THREE different Macs

Like yourself, I have the exact same problem. I've trying installing on three different Macs, and I get the same outcome on each of them.

First Mac is a iMac 27" with 20GB RAM

Second Mac is a Retina Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM

Third Mac is a Mac Pro with 20GB RAM

It appears to *not* be hardware related as it occurs on three different machines.

Any help here would be appreciated.

The BibleWorks 10 installer that came with my downloaded image wasn't working for me. The solution given by customer support was to update the Mac installer following these instructions: http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/inde...ticle/AA-02949. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jones View Post
    Like yourself, I have the exact same problem. I've trying installing on three different Macs, and I get the same outcome on each of them.

First Mac is a iMac 27" with 20GB RAM

Second Mac is a Retina Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM

Third Mac is a Mac Pro with 20GB RAM

It appears to *not* be hardware related as it occurs on three different machines.

Any help here would be appreciated.
    Interesting. I was one of the Mac Beta testers and had nothing like that, although I went through the same steps as you. I'm wondering if it's not connected with the OS you are using. I have Mountain Lion on my desktop. Do you have a more recent OS? There might be some incompatibility with newer operating systems, although I don't know what system the other beta testers had.

At any rate, the best thing to do would be to contact customer support, especially as this seems to be a recurring problem.

Regards,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

I'm in the same boat.

After downloading (for Mac) and going through installation process, the program crashes immediately after trying to open/execute it.

Looking forward to the resolution.
    Last edited by bened; 04-29-2015 at 06:07 AM.

I am getting ready to install BW 10 and have some concern that the best response so far is from Don who beta tested on an older Mac OS. The Mac program needs to be functional with the new Mac OS before they drop. A commitment to keeping up with the Mac side is important to have as Mac users continue to invest in the program. So far, the Mac installer on the thumb drive needs to be ignored and a newer one installed from online. No problem, however, updating the Mac crossover program was not an automatic update in the past. You had to be on the forums to become aware of it.

So how will Mac users be notified of the crossover updates?
    Will BW keep up with the Mac OS so if we update and BW discontinues to work, it is not the BW program but the crossover program that needs to keep up? Please do not reply that if we want that level of assurance we need to use Parallels or VM with Windows...

I appreciate the BW commitment to their customers and await a reply.
    Last edited by jfidel; 04-29-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I am getting ready to install BW 10 and have some concern that the best response so far is from Don who beta tested on an older Mac OS. The Mac program needs to be functional with the new Mac OS before they drop. A commitment to keeping up with the Mac side is important to have as Mac users continue to invest in the program. So far, the Mac installer on the thumb drive needs to be ignored and a newer one installed from online. No problem, however, updating the Mac crossover program was not an automatic update in the past. You had to be on the forums to become aware of it.

So how will Mac users be notified of the crossover updates?
    Will BW keep up with the Mac OS so if we update and BW discontinues to work, it is not the BW program but the crossover program that needs to keep up? Please do not reply that if we want that level of assurance we need to use Parallels or VM with Windows...

I appreciate the BW commitment to their customers and await a reply.
    Has anyone contacted customer service about this? Just to be clear, I'm surmising that my lack of problems may be due to having an older OS. That being said, I also downloaded the new version as opposed to installing it from a flash drive. So my experience could also be related to that option.

As a reminder, the users forum is primarily for users. Those who are experiencing technical problems are encouraged to contact BW directly. Given the number of users who are experiencing difficulties on this, that would be the first place to go, I think.

I would be interested, though, in hearing any comments from those who have received assistance!

Donald Cobb

I appreciate you Donald! During a release like this BW staff have an obligation to review these boards. The Mac board seems to be continually overlooked if you note the number of issues not replied to below. I see replies in the General from BW staff during this time.

I sent them an e mail directing them to this post.