Thread: Bibleworks Issue with Yosemite

Default Bibleworks Issue with Yosemite

Version 9r3-28 (12.5.0.27243local)

I've been using the mac installer version of BW9 for a while now and recently upgraded to Yosemite. Everything was generally working fine other than windows spontaneously resizing when moving to the next verse in the browse window and the occasional hang. However, last week I connected my MBPr to an iMac as an external monitor. Now, I have 2 issues: 1) whenever my MBPr sleeps, the BW disappears and can't be loaded, I have to quit and reopen. 2.) without the external display, I can't get the BW window to display: the program opens, it shows the small startup window, but the full program window never displays.

For #2, I've tried pretty much every configuration of display settings and keyboard shortcuts. I'm wondering whether there's a way outside of the program to reinitialize the BW window position and if this would at least provide a temporary solution to the problem.

I have also noticed BW 9 resizing itself. However, it seems to be a case of controls getting messed up. That is, when the program first launches, keyboard shortcuts and mouse commands work fine... but after being open a while, pressing a certain key or clicking a certain command will resize the program. Rebooting solves this problem for a while.

More pressingly, I have also had BW disappear entirely. I'm here now because I've spent 20 minutes looking for it. Yosemite indicates that BW is running. I can get the program bar to appear at the top of the screen (the apple bar that changes depending on which program is selected), but it says there are no BW windows. It's not minimized, it's not in a second monitor or desktop. Rebooting BW doesn't solve this. the "show all windows" command, when activated, shows a blank. I don’t know if there really is no BW window at all, that is mysteriously somewhere else (can't imagine where) or if the program isn't really open. It's unusable, because it can't be found
    Ben