Thread: Question Concerning Activating Manuscripts Tab

Hybrid View

Default Question Concerning Activating Manuscripts Tab

Hello, I am getting the following message on the "BibleWorks Helpful Hint" dialog box:

"You do not have the necessary files installed for using the Manuscripts Tab. I you want
    to use this feature you need to modify your installation. It is recommended that you install
    all greek texts., but these are required: SCR, BYZ, BNT, GNT, BGT

I do not know what text each of these abbreviations refer to. Could someone enlighten me on these.

(I "binged" these with the word 'greek' but no luck.)

EDIT: I just wanted to add that if I select 'Choose Search Version' on the Search menu, it shows all these abbreviations. If I choose one of them then it becomes my search version. I'm not 100% sure if this means that they are all installed. If it means that their all installed, then I'm puzzled as to why I am getting that dialog box.

Thanks.
    Last edited by haydnguy; 11-21-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added further info.

Most of these abbreviations are unique to BibleWorks, so they won't turn up on an Internet search. You can use BibleWorks Help to find the meaning of the abbreviations. Press F1, then in the Contents tab, scroll all the way down to section 70, Database Sources and Copyrights. Click in the right-hand panel, where the information is, and then press Ctrl+F to bring up the Find dialog. Check the Match whole word only box, then search for the abbreviation, such as SCR or BGT.

To see what Greek versions are installed, find the drop-down box in the Browse Window that shows the current search version (KJV or NAU or ESV or whatever). Click on the downward arrow next to that box and slide the cursor down to Greek. All the installed Greek versions should then show up in a list, and you can see if you have all of these present.

Possibly what's actually missing is the manuscript files themselves, though. Do that same procedure with the downward arrow next to the current version, and stop at Manuscripts to see what, if anything, you've got installed there.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Hi DavidR,
    I have looked and I do have all the abbreviations installed that it is looking for. The Help text will be a great help to me.

I'm a bit puzzled about the Manuscripts though. I don't even see the "category" Manuscripts. I am assuming you are correct about me not having the manuscript files installed. I have no idea how I would get them installed. I looked in Check For Updates but don't see anything that would suggest that.

Thanks again for the help.

It may be that you chose not to install the manuscripts files when you installed BibleWorks. The way to remedy this, if you want to (and they do take up a lot of space on the hard drive), is to reconfigure BibleWorks from the installation disks. If you're unclear on how to do this, I'd strongly recommend contacting BW tech support by e-mail or phone for instructions.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I was able to get the get the Manuscripts installed, A-OK. It did take up quite a bit of room but I'm glad I installed it. Thanks.

Great, glad to hear it! BibleWorks is a complex program, and every success like this can lead to more confidence in exploring everything it can do.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia