Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixed: BW9 Mac Installer not installing on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Default Fixed: BW9 Mac Installer not installing on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

The native Mac version (BibleWorks Mac Installer) is now compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).

10/25/2013 11:30 AM update: The signed version is now posted! If you get an "unidentified developer" message, please re-download the installer dmg.

If you're running OS X 10.9, please RESTART your Mac and follow these instructions:
    http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/inde...ticle/AA-02949

Thanks for your patience!
    Last edited by MTan; 10-31-2013 at 08:54 AM.

If the program is already installed and running, is it ok to update to Mavericks?

I just installed Maverick - BW does not start up at all - it was working before the new OS update. It will not even shutdown properly, you have to force quite. So, if BW is your only Bible program, then .... IMO would wait on the new installer.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    If the program is already installed and running, is it ok to update to Mavericks?

Thanks for the update! The original post was not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hello, all! We're aware that the BW9 Mac Installer is not installing for some people under the new OS X 10.9 update (Mavericks). It also breaks existing installations. We plan to have a working installer by the end of the week, though, so hang tight. We'll keep you posted.
    Running on virtual machines such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion should be fine, though.

Michael
    Will I have to reinstall the program? This would be an issue, as a) my install disks are in storage on the other side of the world and b) my Mac (as many Macs sold these days) does not have a DVD drive.

Admin can confirm, however the last few Mac Installer Updates did not require any reinstallation of the texts or resources off the DVDs. Only the Crossover program that allows BW to run on Macs was upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Admin can confirm, however the last few Mac Installer Updates did not require any reinstallation of the texts or resources off the DVDs. Only the Crossover program that allows BW to run on Macs was upgraded.
    Excellent - thanks for the tip.

We appear to have found the problem with the Mac Installer. Hopefully we’ll have a fix posted tonight or tomorrow morning! You should not have to re-install--running the dmg installer should be enough! Thanks for your patience.
    Michael

The native Mac version (BibleWorks Mac Installer) is now compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).

Click here to apply the update.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks - installed but won't open - I'm getting the following message:

' “BibleWorks” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.'

Andrew Chuter