Thread: Textual variants, 1 Peter 1:10-12 -- are there extra words missing?

Default Textual variants, 1 Peter 1:10-12 -- are there extra words missing?

Hi guys,

I'm currently posting videos as brainouty in Youtube, on how Peter METERS his text in 1 Peter 1:1-12; for he makes an interleaved (antiphonal) 'marching song' out of Ephesians 1:3-14, with his text used to nest (especially Paul's three sets of anaphora) or 'reply'. When Peter's text is combined alternately with Paul's, there is a marching cadence in the Greek. Very surprising.

The full story behind this study, is long and complex. Suffice it to say for this post, that auditing the meter, helps audit the text for correctness, i.e., did the scribes copy the verses properly. Astonishingly, every time I've tested the metered passages, the preservation of the text turns out to be awesome.

Yet in 1 Peter 1:10-12, his metering convention SEEMS to imply that there are three extra syllables (so maybe one or two words), which don't show up in the BW text families. Specifically, these extra three syllables should show up by the end of verse 11.

Here's the video I just posted, asking this question in Youtube, which has the Petrine meter document you can download and test (see the video's description). I just pasted the BGT text and then parsed it, no text changes.

So: does anyone know of the textual variants (other than spelling differences for later Greek) for this passage?

Thank you so much for your time!
    Last edited by brainout; 10-19-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: correct verse citation, add video link and more detail
    'brainouty' on Youtube and , http://www.vimeo.com/brainout