Thread: NETS - Forget the dead horse . . . get a new one.

Talking NETS - Forget the dead horse . . . get a new one.

OK. So I've been reviewing wishlist thread for BW10, and I've noticed that NETS comes up several times. I hear you. I feel your pain, but I completely understand BW's stance towards it. The irony, of course, is that NETS is available online for free (in case you didn't already know, it's at http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/).

What about creating another English translation of the LXX (or at the least, a collaborative effort to update Brenton - not just an update of 'thees and thous' but a true update)? Another Bible software company created their own LXX translation (see the Lexham English Septuagint / Greek-English Interlinear), rather than incorporate NETS - and pay royalties. (I'm not saying that the other company did the Lexham LXX mainly to avoid royalties for NETS, but it's another way of getting beyond Brenton - note the thread on said company's board asking about NETS).

Of course BW users are busy. What would it take to collaborate on such a thing? Just thinking.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    Of course BW users are busy. What would it take to collaborate on such a thing? Just thinking.

Dibs on Obadiah!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Dibs on Obadiah!
    FYI it looks very promising for adding NETS to the base package for BW10. Before anyone asks, BW10 is quite a long ways off.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    FYI it looks very promising for adding NETS to the base package for BW10. Before anyone asks, BW10 is quite a long ways off.

Mike
    Wow! BW10 will have an interface facelift, possibly NETS, GBS apparatus stuff (though prob not in base package). This release is looking GREAT already. Just one thought. If Jesus is coming back soon and BW10 release is a long ways off, maybe your release will be better than you thought.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 10-10-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post

Mike
    Schweet!
    Dibs on Obadiah!
    No fair! You beat me to it.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Bw10

Wow! BW10 will have an interface facelift, possibly NETS, GBS apparatus stuff (though prob not in base package). This release is looking GREAT already. Just one thought. If Jesus is coming back soon and BW10 release is a long ways off, maybe your release will be better than you thought.
    If that happens we would cancel the release as there will be a new operating system in heaven - and no Textual Criticism. Oh happy day.
    Seriously though, what a happy thought.