Adjust font size in html module?
I want to adjust the uber-tiny font size in Schaff's Early Church Fathers (can't remember--is this called an .html module?) and can't find out how to do it in BW for Mac. Ideas?
Originally Posted by AbramKJ
Currently, as I understand it, within the BW for Mac version there is no ability to alter the size of font in the Analysis Window and the Independent window for the Verse Tab items and for certain modules such as Early Church Fathers, Bavinck, Word-Search modules etc - but currently the font is much too small to be usable. The problem is that there is no equivalent in Mac to the Windows Ctrl/Mouse to alter the size of font in individual windows. The only way you can 'magnify' is by zooming the work-sheet, which isn't very satisfactory, as it no longer fits the screen.
I have pointed this problem out to BWorks - it is a significant deficiency with the current BW for Mac - otherwise I've been very pleased with the programme.
I've very little technical expertise but I wonder whether the way to solve this is by way of making the verse tab and CHM files responsive to the 'CHM Module Settings' under the 'Font Options' in Mac version. Currently only 'Greek Grammar;Beyond the Basics' by Wallace responds in the Mac version - I think there may have been a recent update to this module. (It would also be helpful to have a greater range of options under the 'Default Font Size').
Hmm... FWIW, in a Windows environment, you can increase font size in a CHM module in the same way you'd increase font size in a web browser:
- Increase Font: Ctrl + (key with the plus & equals signs on it; don't use SHIFT to get a plus sign)
- Decrease Font: Ctrl - (key with the hyphen & underscore signs on it)
- Return to Default Size: Ctrl 0 (zero)
I haven't the foggiest how that would translate into a Mac environment.
Sorry for the delay. CodeWeavers is investigating and hopes to get back to us this week. We have another experimental build in which the font size is adjustable, but other things are broken in it. We'll get there eventually!
Thanks for getting back to me.
Good news! We have a test installer which allows you to adjust the text size in HTML windows. To try it out, follow these steps:
- Download the test installer here: http://edist.bibleworksllc.com/macse...r3-15-beta.dmg
- Run the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer dmg that you just downloaded.
- It will instruct you to drag and copy the BibleWorks package to the OS X Applications folder. Click on the BibleWorks icon in the window and drag it onto the Applications folder in the window. When it says “An item named BibleWorks already exists...” , select Replace.
- Once the update is finished installing, close the installer window.
- Run BibleWorks as usual. After BibleWorks has fully started, you should see (MCW 9r3-15) in the lower left corner.
- Apply the latest EXE patch.
To adjust test size in a Verse Tab window or a CHM/module window, click on the window text and adjust the text size by holding down the Control key and rolling the mouse wheel (alternately, you can hold down the control key and slide two finger tips on the touchpad to accomplish the same thing).
Last edited by admin; 09-25-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Thanks for the quick fix! Works for me.
To note: there was not a new EXE patch after downloading the latest 9r3-15, but that's okay. Looks like all is up-to-date. Thanks again.
Thanks for this. It is working fine. Thinking ahead..... it would be very helpful if it were possible for the user to determine a default text size for Verse Tab window and the CHM/module window.