Thread: Install on Linux using codeweavers crosstie link

Hybrid View

Default Install on Linux using codeweavers crosstie link

I've been taking a serious look at Linux (Ubuntu) and, of course, need Bible Works 9 to work well on it. I'm still trying to learn some of the basic points of the terminal and other key points of using linux, yes, I'm a beginner.

Yesterday I tried twice to install BW9 as mentioned above, but when I was asked to insert Disc 3 of BW9 crosstie would not read it but asked for Disc 0 in one attempt and Disc 1 in another, and would not proceed regardless of which disc I inserted.

I have downloaded the updated BW900.exe but so far have not found the bottle where the other one has been place so as to replace it.

Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks.

Al

I just posted in the other thread about my beginings with ubuntu, I used wine 1.71 and had no real issues (once I got my act together, at first I mixed my rev. 1.0 and 4.0 discs and had several issues.)
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by almather View Post
    I've been taking a serious look at Linux (Ubuntu) and, of course, need Bible Works 9 to work well on it. I'm still trying to learn some of the basic points of the terminal and other key points of using linux, yes, I'm a beginner.

Yesterday I tried twice to install BW9 as mentioned above, but when I was asked to insert Disc 3 of BW9 crosstie would not read it but asked for Disc 0 in one attempt and Disc 1 in another, and would not proceed regardless of which disc I inserted.

I have downloaded the updated BW900.exe but so far have not found the bottle where the other one has been place so as to replace it.

Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks.

Al
    Try this:

Make a directory on your computer with the same name as disk 1. Copy everything from disk 1 into it. Then copy the data3.cab from disk 2 and the data4.cab file from disk 3 into the same directory. When you try to install BibleWorks, use the directory you created as the source. The installer will not need to stop and look for the other disks because the .cab files will all be in one location. I have had to use this method to install BibleWorks 9 on a netbook which does not have an optical drive.

As for the updated BW900.exe, look for a hidden directory called .cxoffice. You will find a BibleWorks folder in there. Then search for "Drive C", then "Program Files" and finally, "BibleWorks." You can put the updated BW900.exe there to update the program. However, if your disks are version 3 or higher, you will not need to do this as the fix has already been applied.

Edit:

Another thing: I have been running BibleWorks 9 since it came out with Crossover. It works fine up to Crossover 12.2.2. However, Crossover 12.5.0 is a different matter. BibleWorks 9 currently will not run with Crossover 12.5.0. Hopefully, an update will be released for BibleWorks or Crossover which will address this issue. It is possible that a fresh install with 12.5.0 may work. However, an upgrade from 12.2.2 does not.
    Last edited by StephenH; 09-23-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: expanded comment 2x