Thread: Text size in VS1 tab or CHM module resources

Default Text size in VS1 tab or CHM module resources

Does anyone know how to change the text size in the VS1 tab or in the CHM module resources?

I have selected 'Options' from the 'Tools' menu and made the CHM module settings default font size 'X-small' but all the modules appear exactly the same as before. None of the font sizes seem to make any difference to any of the CHM Modules. For example the text for ESV Study Bible notes appear so much larger than the rest of BW and Matthew Henry is even larger! (When viewed in the VS1 tab in 4 pane mode not much text appears on the screen due to the large text font)

I have checked the help files, which say:

CHM Module Settings

This section contains settings that affect how external CHM modules are displayed. It contains a list box which allows you to specify the default fonts size for external CHM modules. The options are these:
    X-large
    Large
    Medium
    Small
    X-small

1. The actual size displayed depends on how your Internet Browser is configured
    - not sure what this means and/or how this affects the text size in BW. Could this be the problem? The font in my browser is small in any case.

2. Note that in order to implement this feature all modules had to be modified and rebuilt to use this setting. This feature will be implemented in new modules and old modules will be modified and reposted as time permits.
    - Does this mean that the font change option in all of the modules I have does not yet work?

Is anyone else able to change the font size in the CHM modules or VS1 tab?Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pbgroover View Post
    Does anyone know how to change the text size in the VS1 tab or in the CHM module resources?

1. The actual size displayed depends on how your Internet Browser is configured
    - not sure what this means and/or how this affects the text size in BW. Could this be the problem? The font in my browser is small in any case.

2. Note that in order to implement this feature all modules had to be modified and rebuilt to use this setting. This feature will be implemented in new modules and old modules will be modified and reposted as time permits.
    - Does this mean that the font change option in all of the modules I have does not yet work?

Is anyone else able to change the font size in the CHM modules or VS1 tab?Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Paul
    Try it:

1) with your cursor in the Help file display, you can hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and roll your mouse wheel to change the textsize. (It works also in a web page in the browser).

or

2)
    In Windows XP and Windows7:

In Windows Control Panel, choose Internet Options.
    Click on the General tab, then click on the Accessibility button at the bottom.
    Check the box beside "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages."
    Click OK twice.

Now, with your cursor in the Help file display, you can hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and roll your mouse wheel to change the textsize.

Windows Vista and Win10 may be a little different.
    Last edited by pasquale; 03-10-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks Pasquale,

That works. I can also get the text to resize by pinching or expanding on the touch screen.

Strange why the BW CHM Module settings doesn't affect the text size.

This is a good working fix though.

Paul