Thread: What's up with the forum?

Default What's up with the forum?

Has something gone hinky here? I only see six threads in this forum, instead of ... however many multitudes of them. Is there some kind of forum maintenance going on?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Cuz it shows only posts from last month, you can change it from your user settings.

Thanks, somehow I had missed that. And/or never looked at the forum after a slow month or something. Anyway, all better now.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

It has been very slow around here lately as well.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default I was wondering too

I've been wondering the same thing; a fairly busy forum practically goes quiet?

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Just the seasons of life. If you've been around long enough, you know that it happens. Plus BW is now using a Facebook account, some smallerish discussion happens there. Unlike other Bible softwares that churn out new versions almost daily, most of the updates that BW sends out are not radical game changers, so there's no need for constant bug-fix conversations. And BW also doesn't have a strong history of publishing new content outside of version number releases so that also weeds out a bit of the conversation.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Shhhhh, I'm hunting for wabbits

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Just the seasons of life. If you've been around long enough, you know that it happens. Plus BW is now using a Facebook account, some smallerish discussion happens there. Unlike other Bible softwares that churn out new versions almost daily, most of the updates that BW sends out are not radical game changers, so there's no need for constant bug-fix conversations. And BW also doesn't have a strong history of publishing new content outside of version number releases so that also weeds out a bit of the conversation.
    Michael is right on both counts. Forums everywhere are showing declines as people move to other forms of interaction. Also sometimes people in September are busy with the start of a new academic year and don't have time to chat. So not to worry. We are still here busily working on the occasional bug and a new release. Since someone is bound to ask: no, there is no new release imminent. We have spent a ton of money and time on other things the last year (like the Mac version) and have months to go before we will have something that is worth your hard earned money. I can share a little good news though. We did sign a contract with the GBS to distribute what is basically the data in the Stuttugart Original Languages module. That includes all the GBS versions and apparati. It won't be cheap but we don't have much control over that and the magnificent CNTTS module will still be in the base package. BibleWorks 10 will also sport a long-overdue facelift. The functionality will be pretty much the same but much easier on the eyes. Over the next few months we will be sharing tidbits, but hang in there. We are still here and working hard to give people the best tools available at a price that anyone can afford.

Mike Bushell
    BibleWorks

My interest is piqued! I look forward to hearing the upcoming tidbits.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.