Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bibleworks9_mac_setup-9r3-14.dmg keyboard issue

I've done that and the problem persists.

Default same with me

Quote Originally Posted by AbramKJ View Post
    I've done that and the problem persists.
    The problem persists. I have reinstalled several times with the same result.

Default Install version & keyboard issue

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    When you start the program, it should show ("MCW 9r3-14)" in the lower left corner. If you open Help | About it should show the same thing.

If you do not see that, please close BibleWorks, re-run the -14 dmg (selecting "Replace"), and then re-start BW. You will not have to re-install from the BW9 DVDs.

Michael
    1) In the Finder, it shows as "modified 7-2-13 4:11pm" and as version "9r3-13"; but in the lower left status line, today, 09/17/13 it does read "9.0.12.442 (MCW9r3-14)" (and the same in Help>About Bibleworks).

2) KEYBOARD ISSUE: Still present ... auto-reverting to Unicode Hex Input keyboard the moment the drop-down list of words shows (generally after the first character in a search is typed), and the colon (showing as semi-colon) and the asterisk (showing as 8) are unavailable, except by clicking the drop-down options, or by switching to another keyboard for just that one character needed (until BW auto-reverts to the defective Unicode Hex Input layout). <Have not tried to modify the *.keylayout file to see if there is a problem there. There should not be, since the layout works fine in other Mac program.>

Quote Originally Posted by huneger View Post
    1) In the Finder, it shows as "modified 7-2-13 4:11pm" and as version "9r3-13"; but in the lower left status line, today, 09/17/13 it does read "9.0.12.442 (MCW9r3-14)" (and the same in Help>About Bibleworks).
    Michael (from BW), I wonder if you could check your Finder, as well, to confirm that you either have or don't have what huneger and I both are showing in that display? Seems it was actually updated to 9r3-14, but just not noted as such in that one place.

Okay, I see the problem. If you have BW running and select from the Apple/main (top) menu BibleWorks | About BibleWorks it does erroneously show 9-r3-13. That is a typo and I will report it.

If the lower left status bar shows 9-r3-14 and the in-program Help | About shows 9-r3-14 you are okay. I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. I had forgotten about that third location for the version number.

Regarding the keyboard issue, the glitch you are reporting is on the Command Line when you are trying to do a Hebrew search, right? Can you tell me the exact keystrokes to press to reproduce the problem you are seeing.

Michael